Max Rate Calculator

Calculates maximum consumption/prodution rates of assemblers, plants, etc.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Krastorio 2 - Singularity beacon efficiency is not taken into account

3 years ago

In Krastorio 2 it has a second tier of beacons called Singularity beacon.
It accepts 2 modules, but its effect transmission efficiency is 0.75 and not 0.5, so the calculator shows lower numbers than in reality.

Probably code should read beacon transmission efficiency data so it takes it into account :)

3 years ago

just wanted to post a bug report here as well :P
I have the same issue.

3 years ago

Just thought I've noticed that's only an issue with machines having prod modules in them ... but ... reprodicuing the error isn't that easy.
Sometimes adding new new Singularity beacon with two speed-3 modules adjusts the number correctly and sometimes not.
Until now I haven't figured out how and when this works and when it did not.

3 years ago

The mod doesn't use a hardcoded 0.5 ( a fix I made 2 years ago), it reads the beacon effectivity - and I'm seeing 0.75 with the singularity beacon.
Thanks for the update, Yenz, I'll try that.
Are you using the standard Assembling Machine 3s or that Advanced Assembling Machine

3 years ago

In my case it breaks for both types of machines - if I remove the singularity beacons, I get correct calculations. As soon as I add singularity beacons - it starts to go wrong. I'll do some more tests and report back.

3 years ago

I can't make it fail. The other difference with those singularity beacons is the smaller area of affect. (and the advanced assemblers are bigger), so I've played with beacon placement a bit, but can't make it fail (and the numbers always compare ok with the game's production report). Maybe you could get me a screenshot of a case where it fails?

3 years ago

I'll make you a screenshot later that day, but in my tests I used the advanced chemical plant.
Maybe I'm also able to setup a small savegame where one machine is correct and one not... I'll try

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Theanderblast - are you on any big Factorio discords? (the official one or any big community people). I think the issue might be related to saves where Krastorio versions were upgraded, cause I can't replicate it on a new save. I can send you my game save then (I don't want to put it publically cause it's an ongoing YT series).

3 years ago

I'm on the main Factorio discord, also Xterminator's, and FactorioMaps & Megabbase

3 years ago

See #mod-making on main Factorio discord :)

3 years ago

We narrowed down the issue and reproduced it - at least for Krastorio 2 big buildings.

3 years ago

i managed to reproduce it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kv_uUfGhsK3RSUBSlYz3bzq8li0pMtnA/view?usp=sharing
(minimal save with only those two mods installed)

hopefully that will help you

3 years ago

it seems if you place a beacon manually and put in the modules they won't take into account, but placing via blueprint they will?

3 years ago

Nope, that wasn't the case.

BUT: It has something to do with the position of the beacons:

https://imgur.com/E63BByD

There the left ones output 8.96/s and the machines on the right 25.76

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

There were issues in the box collision check - I have found a proper algo for that task and made a fix and sent it to the author, so far in my testing, I can't break it :)
If anything, it will also now work faster :D

3 years ago

do you mind sharing the change?

3 years ago

Fixed in version 3.2.33, thanks for the help Psihius!

3 years ago

thanks to both of you!

New response