Max Rate Calculator

Calculates maximum consumption/prodution rates of assemblers, plants, etc.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Negative Productivity

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi, I found another small mistake. Pyanodon's Alien Life uses a very small negative productivity bonus on plant/animal modules to prevent them from being placed in beacons. For example, "Fawogae MK 01" is a module with these bonuses:
Speed: +45%
Productivity: -1%
The game doesn't allow productivity to drop below 100%. If I put 20 "Fawogae MK 01" modules in a "Fawogae plantation MK 01", the game says "Productivity: -0% = limit". You should check whether the total productivity bonus is negative, and if so, set it to zero.

On a related note, Pyanodon's Alien Life uses a trick to prevent speed modules in beacons from affecting farms like "Fawogae plantation MK 01". The farm's allowed_effects includes speed and productivity, but not consumption or pollution. This means that any module in an adjacent beacon that affects consumption or pollution, like speed modules, will have no effect on the farm. It's probably more trouble than it's worth to implement, but I thought I'd mention it just the same.

4 years ago

I added a bit of debugging to understand the allowed_effects flag, and I'm a bit baffled. I can see that the script for the plantation has only speed and productivity ( allowed_effects = {"speed","productivity"}, ) but when I read the values at runtime from the entity prototype, I get all four allowed effects set to true. Also when I test fawogae-plantation with speed modules in beacons and or one in the plantation, the production chart (from the P key) shows the water is being consumed at the higher rate - which matches what the max rate calc mod shows

3 years ago

Version 3.2.33 now doesn't let productivity effect go negative. Also it checks for allowed_effects "consumption" and excludes mod/beacon bonuses for consumed items if not there. This one I couldn't check (see previous comment).

3 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. I think I understand your confusion. Pyanodon's mod pack has many duplicate buildings that look almost identical. In this case, the "Coal Processing" tab contains an obsolete version of the plantation (internal name is fawogae-plantation) and the "PyAlienLife" tab contains the correct version of the plantation (internal name is fawogae-plantation-mk01).

To make things easier, I made you a blueprint:
0eNqdk91OhDAQhd9lrumGn8U1vIoxpMCAE6GQtqzihnd3WlYkgjGRu3aG853TTm9QtCMOmpSF7AZU9spA9nQDQ42Srduz04CQAVnsIAAlO7eq5VvfSBRDK5WVlnolutcwgjkAUhW+QxbNzwGgsmQJF0m/mHI1dgVqbvhTLIChN+TWzgdrhqc0gAkyEZ9SJmksadgIuD+cTePa73uQxeE8Bzt6vNILlJx6DxOxZ8XzRtQMiJXo+mpsUSSueCCdbIIZK0gZ1JYL+zgeEDGgIs6yVM4Hiuc/zf7Xa7oqk6pJcUmUL2jsb2Y94d6ZG7SWVONpGrv+ivnItZbDYpXfjdSyNRjAsr0Mwo9rN0OvkYFlP7opTENGsW3XIq1oUXo732N1lONhzYEtn6SmUqBC3Ux8/MytZYkHN/w1T2c/TsVY16hzQx+sE4Xrd4C7rDgzFmaZ2b1+tJF3r8E/oWzz4gK48pn4Hy6XJAof0ySKo3n+BEJLML4=

You should see allowed_effects={consumption=false,pollution=false,productivity=true,speed=true} for the plantation.
Also, the crafting speed should be 1 (+900%)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Also right now then i check the production with Max_rate calculator i don't see it correclty calculating reagents. For my Mukmoux farm (Pyanodon also) i see it give me 0.245 item produced and use only 0.24 fawogae, while recipee gives 0.7 using 15 with crafting speed 0.84 and craft time 150s)ccal

3 years ago

Alas the blueprint string won't import. Perhaps the forum software cut it off.
In addition to the 4 factorio tabs, I have Fluids, Coal Processing, Industry Items, Py Fusion Energy, and PyRawOres. I see no PyAlienLife tab. I do have Pyanodons AlienLife installed, along with various dependencies. When I didn't see the tab, I updated to the latest vesion just now (so AlienLife is version 1.6.9)

3 years ago

Weird. You can see the whole string if you click on the quotation marks. I also made a pastebin for you:

https://pastebin.com/rXV04ZvR

3 years ago

There must be some Pyanodon mods I don't have, when I import the string from pastebin I get
Unknow recipe name: fawogae 1
Unknown Item name: fawogae-spore

and the blueprint has 2 beacons, a substation and an electric energy interface

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You did make sure pyalienlife is enabled, right? The dependencies for it are pyalienlifegraphics 1, 2, and 3, pycoalprocessing, pyfusionenergy, pyindustry, pyrawores, and stdlib. I can't think of anything else to check. That recipe and item is defined in pyalienlife, so the mod must not be loading for some reason.

3 years ago

It looks like I was missing a dependency of pyfusionenergy. Doing some tests now. It looks like my logic to disable speed mod effects from happening kicked in, so I'll see if I get results that match actual production.

3 years ago

My consumption numbers are too low, I'm thinking because I'm not counting the Fawogae module speed effects. So the "allowed" flag only applies to beacons, not modules in the assembler?

3 years ago

I changed it to just have it ignore beacon speed effects (my clue should have been your original post), and the numbers are looking more reasonable. I'll do a one hour test and compare vs production stats.

3 years ago

general hint for importing blueprint strings from the mod portal discussions :

Alas the blueprint string won't import. Perhaps the forum software cut it off.

drag with the mouse from the first character of the blueprint string down to the start of the next empty line, and all the string will be selected including the invisible part that is (only visually) cut off at the right edge.
then copy&paste as usual.

3 years ago

Thanks, I should have thought of that.

New response