Max Rate Calculator

Calculates maximum consumption/prodution rates of assemblers, plants, etc.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i New feature: Calculate miner throughput

5 years ago

It would be really cool if you could use max rate calculator on a bunch of miners/pumpjacks and it would tell you the ore/oil it produces when you drag over it. It is really annoying to calculate this manually every time.

5 years ago

Interesting idea! I shall ponder...

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Just to let you know, I'm working on it. (And I think I've uncovered a bug in the game wrt pumpjacks).

5 years ago

Would love this feature :) Thanks

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

yes, that would be great.

it also would be great if we had some mod option whether currently inactive smelters (which currently cause a warning message "xxx smelters have no recipe") should get a default recipe (eg for iron/copper; or maybe even a mod "per player" setting to use it "on the go" with a choice of what type to assume) if currently nothing is smelted. in a setup for smelting steel, bricks or anything else those values probably will be unusable, but in most of my setups i have to clean smelters and manually add ore to be able to use this mod to calculate throughput of a smelting+assembler or even mining+smelting+assembler setup.

ps: this mod together with bottleneck and utilization monitor is one of 8 mods on my "QOL-MUSTHAVE" list that i use on ALL maps that i play :-)

5 years ago

Anson_AKB
bottleneck is not UPS friendly though :/ Looks at the UPS on a large base with bottleneck on

5 years ago

although i didn't use bottleneck on mega factories yet, i finished a few games with lots (100++) of mods and still at 60/60 ups/fps. and if it should become a problem, it should be easy to disable that mod (even with hotkeys!?) ...
anyway, i love being able to quickly check setups or parts of setups with this mod !!!

5 years ago

I've been thinking about that 'assume ore x' for inactive smelters too, but haven't started it. Other people have asked for it, too.

5 years ago

^^ :)

5 years ago

to me, currently even more important than the miners would be to get some info about total max power consumption of a setup in MJ, or maybe even including the fuel cost (wood/coal/solid/etc) of it. I didn't think about it in detail yet, but just yesterday i had the problem when building a self-sufficient greenhouse setup which used power and water, had some huge surplus of wood, but also used some (or rather a lot or even more than was produced) of the produced wood (or wood converted to coal or tar and solid, etc) to power the generators that powered the whole setup ...

5 years ago

I've uploaded preliminary version for calculating rates for mining drills and pumpjacks.

3 years ago

This feature is back

New response