Math Combinator

A new combinator for math instructions like maximum, minimum, random, median and set theory like intersection and difference.

Utilities
1 year, 7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Index out of bounds error

3 years ago

Hello. I recently encountered a repeatable out-of-bounds indexing error. It happens when I try to do a set intersect between the logistic list of the contents of my "mall," and a small list (which may, or may not, have been disjoint). It's almost certainly the extremely large matrix of values of my mall that's exceeding the maximum allocated size of some variable that's causing the crash.

Here's an in-game screenshot of the crash message: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1007063979222267597/5959927CC7AD6C1F9831B1AA52CAD8C8E96EB591/.

This is, in my mind, an understandable limitation of your mod, and I can very much imagine that you're (or rather, I'm) bumping up an in-game limitation or something you put in to limit CPU impact from the mod. But maybe it's a simple fix, and as such I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Love this mod. Being able to do set operations has been an incredibly useful feature for me. I use the min & max (and, surprisingly, random) from time to time, but I use the set operation for LTN or logistic uses fairly frequently. The best compliment I can give your mod is that there's always a slot in my "mall" for making Math Co-Processors.

Thanks for the great mod.

PS, this pertains to Factorio v. 0.18.26 and v0.18.0 of your mod.

3 years ago

Sorry for the late response. I had only little time to look into this game in the last months.
The demo blueprints demonstrates that intersect works for small set of signals.
I add no limitations for this on purpose.
I also did not change anything in 1.1.0

I did not know the use case for your setup. If it is something like "produce/deliver if beneath a treshold" then may be it's a workaround to put a decider in front and filter the list first. eg. " < 100" >> ""

New response