Killing enemies gives Military Science

Killing biters gives Military Science

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Enemies

i more for spawners, less for biters

In playing with this mod, I immediately seem to be getting most of my science packs from the individual biters even when I am assaulting a base. I think it would make more sense if the biters and spitters dropped many times fewer science packs, while the spawners and worms dropped many times more science packs. That way you can still farm them just by shooting attack waves, but you get a much more bountiful result by going on the offensive and demolishing their bases.

5 years ago

Thanks for that info Reaver! I re-balanced the number of military science but also make a settings for you to modify the number of sciences. I think it will work better.

Nice, thanks!

One problem I have: The mod doesn't allow me to choose a number lower than 1. I should be able to choose 0 for the types that I don't want to drop any at all.

I notice on higher drop settings, the result is highly random. It's hard to tell for small biters, but it seems like I almost always get 1 but sometimes do not. Or maybe I am actually getting 1 every time and just missing a few? I am curious how the randomness works, and if I could set a decimal number (like 0.2) to make something drop a single pack occasionally.

5 years ago

I set the minimum to 0 now. It really makes more sense.

Probability is an interesting factor to be configured as well. It was set to 100%, but now I put the option too. There is a randomness there that can give up to 50% of the proposed value. When you set 100 science packs you can get randomly between 50 and 100 if probability is 100... if the probability is less than 100 you can receive zero sometimes.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Great!

So let me get this straight:
First, it decides whether or not it drops science packs (based on probability).
If it does drop, it then randomly selects from 50% to 100% of the listed drop amount.

--
Final thoughts:
I like it overall! But there's still no way to define separately for behemoth enemies, or for different size worms. After killing some bases, I realized it should be the worms that drop more science, not the spawners. Early on, killing undefended spawners is pretty easy. What you avoid at first is the ones covered in worms. Even late game when I find a base swarming with big worms, I have a lot of trouble taking it out. I'd want to set spawners to drop 25, small worms 50, medium worms 100, and big worms 200. Maybe behemoth worms 300, I've never fought one but on the wiki they look about the same as big worms. By the time you get artillery you can get ridiculous amounts of military science this way, but that's fine because you've already unlocked almost all the military tech. On the other hand, the incredible bounty from big worms might entice you to try and fight worm clusters before artillery.

New response