by Klonan

They deliver things far far away

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

b Requesting Items already in the network

1 year, 10 days ago

Hi,

I wanted to use this mod to share items between multiple networks, but I found an issue that makes this unusable for me.

What I do is, I have a constant combinator with a set of items I always want to have in the network and subtract the items in the network from it. The result will be fed into the Long Range Requester as Requests.
For example I want 100 Yellow Belts always be present in the network. If the count of yellow Belts falls below to 60 for example, the long range requester will request 40 Yellow Belts.
But now my logistic drones will start to bring the already existing yellow belts in the local network to the long range requester.
I think this behaviour doesn't make much sense and it renders my system unusable.
The Requester should only be filled by the long range drones, not the local ones.

Can this be fixed?
Or is it working as designed? Then I think there should be an option to disable this.

1 year, 8 days ago

The request depot is itself a logistic buffer chest, I cannot work around the game logic of requesting items by robots

1 year, 6 days ago
(updated 1 year, 6 days ago)

But could you make it optional so that it is a Passive/Active Provider Chest instead?
It would be way more logical in my opinion.

1 year, 5 days ago

Then there would be no way to request the items in the GUI

New response