Long range delivery drones

by Klonan

They deliver things far far away

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

g Does this one use an own logistical network?

1 year, 4 months ago

How is this implemented practically?
Do they use an own logistical network?
Are they like long range cargo robots or more like a car with a few trunk slots?
What energy do they consume?

1 year, 4 months ago

They don't use logistics network, they just work point to point from delivery depots to requesters.

They are like long range logistic bots, but they die after a single trip.
The drone recipe contains a piece of solid fuel, which is used as the energy for the flight

1 year, 4 months ago

It's like Amazon Prime Air, I think it's perfect for very temporary and remote outposts, or when you forgot your nukes at home, you can have them delivered right at your feet

One thing I haven't tested yet, are the drones invulnerable during flight? Or at least to melee biters?

1 year, 4 months ago

It's like Amazon Prime Air, I think it's perfect for very temporary and remote outposts, or when you forgot your nukes at home, you can have them delivered right at your feet

One thing I haven't tested yet, are the drones invulnerable during flight? Or at least to melee biters?

1 year, 4 months ago

Ok just kill me

1 year, 4 months ago

Yep, beautiful function!

My words on it: You have a drone base which is meant to be placed in the logistic network. In the logistic network you should store drones and what you want to request. When you are out, you have a special drone requester chest which you can place anywhere and set what you want. Then the drone base requests that from the logistic network and loads it on the drone, which is sent on a suicide mission to deliver your material.

New response