Logistic Request Manager (continued)

by daeruun

Allows you to save and switch between custom logistic request presets, as well as request blueprints. Optionally presets can be pushed to constant combinators to use the circuit network to manipulate requests.

Utilities
3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistic network

i Please add option to trash unrequested items [completed]

1 year, 2 months ago

Its cumbersome to automatically trash things that I don't want, because the list of items are numerous. It would be great just to request the items I want, and everything else gets trashed.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Hello OneWheelDude,

thanks for your suggestions.
Actually that is already possible:

1. optionally disable the logistics
  2. request all the things you want in the numbers you want them
  3. create a preset by saving your current requests in the mod
  4. load the 'clear all' preset (items with inventory as armors, spidertron and such will not be auto trashed).
  5. add the preset you created before with the 'add' modifier (SHIFT by default).
  6. optionally re-enable the logistics

the only drawback here is, if you save that configuration as a new preset, on heavily modded games with tons of items, it may take a while to display when you chose it in the mod-gui.
in my opinion it is better to redo the process above if you need to update the preset.

There is also a hard-limit in the number of requests (I think at 1000 slots) that can be managed - so keep that in mind.

Daeruun

1 year, 1 month ago

I'm a big fan of this mod, it works a lot better for my needs compared to auto trash. My favorite feature is being able to sum requests multiple times. But yea, having something similar to auto trash with network detection and automatic trashing would be a nice QOL, and maybe hotkeys also. Though the mod works perfectly as is, thanks.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks for the feedback, T-nm.

A hotkey to toggle the interface does exist ('SHIFT+L' by default) but no others as this game is heavily mouse-based as is.
If you'd like to have others, let me know.
For the 'advanced' autotrashing:
I took a glimpse at auto-trash and start to understand what you two asked for.
I'll look into it when I find the time, but that is a bit tricky at the moment.

Daeruun

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Nice.
For the hotkeys I was thinking of maybe allowing to have hotkeys for the saved presets.
Example Ctrl+1 will load the first preset, and if you do Shift+Ctrl+1 instead it would add to your current request. This would require to either be able to re-order presets or manually assign hotkeys to a preset, maybe it's too complicated for such little gain.

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi.
I just pushed a little update to the portal, to add an attempt to do the autotrashing of unrequested items.
The predefined presets are still there, though.

No network detection at the moment.
Hotkeys aren't in yet.

Daeruun

1 year, 1 month ago

That's amazing, it works perfectly. Thanks!

1 year, 1 month ago

I hope the tooltips are sufficent :-)

4 days ago

Just to come back, the way to clear does not work, it seems to say "not enough slots to request this preset." In whatever entity I try to do it, even the character.

I'm using B+A though, so lots of items potentially exist.

4 days ago
(updated 3 days ago)

Did you use the old way I described before, or did you try the 'Autotrash' Icon (trashbin with round arrows) in the lower right part of the panel?
There are some settings that should fix your issue...

a day ago

I used the "old" way by clicking on the "clear all" preset.

a day ago

That won’t work with a+b it has too many items.
The auto tag menu on the right works differently, it trashes as many items as possible until everything without or above an existing request is gone (check the settings for details)

New response