Loader Redux

by Optera

Adds Loaders. Rewritten add-loader with new loader snapping logic and graphics.

Content
10 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

g UPS question

8 months ago

Hello. First of all, I love the idea of using the base game mechanics for loaders. Thank you a lot for this mod. I just want to make sure I'm using them correctly. I disabled the train-unloading-functionality in mod settings to make sure only the basic-loader-system is active without the extra LUA scripting. Is that correct?
Also another question is, how effective are this loaders regarding UPS? For example if I compare one single inserter with one loader? Should I use one inserter or one loader to save maximum UPS?

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

1.9.0 and newer only use base mechanics for train interactions.
There is no more runtime LUA script involved. The setting simply sets a property in the loader prototypes to disable train interactions.

I have not tested performance of loaders compared to inserters with current builds of Factorio.
They used to be much less optimized, but since train interactions where added to base this might have changed.

Edit: Reddit has some comparison of for Chest-Loader interaction here: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/14zs0j4/miniloader_vs_deadlock_vs_redux_ups_comparison/

New response