Loader Redux

by Optera

Adds Loaders. Rewritten add-loader with new loader snapping logic and graphics.

Content
10 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

g Do loaders & trains tank UPS when used in bulk?

6 years ago

I recently saw claims that the various loader mods tank UPS when heavily used with trains due to how the game handles items & trains (not a loader flaw just a limitation of how the game is built).

I figured I'd go to the source to see if true, especially with one of your recent patch notes talking about only performing train logic when actually using a train.

6 years ago

Yes, Loaders utterly tank ups when used with cargo wagons.
Base implementation of loaders only connects to chests and crafting machines. Cargo wagons are an addition written in lua.
Originally I didn't even want to include it for how badly it drops ups. But just like with snapping away from chests ppl cried so long until i added the blasted thing.

6 years ago

Well that is disappointing and probably explains why my last game declined so rapidly after I found loaders - I only really use them with trains. Looks like I'll have to revert back to double-sided load|unload with inserters for best throughput.

I appreciate your work and hopefully in the future the dev's will "correct" this flaw and I'll be able to use them en-mass again.

New response