Layerd Belts

Adds underground belt layering. !!!!NOW USES FACTORIO EXTENDED PLUS FOR HIGHER BELT TIERS!!!!

Content
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Logistics

i Pipes

5 years ago

Any interest in doing this with pipes when you're done with this one?

5 years ago

sure! I'll give it a shot^^

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

that would be really nice and usefull ...
but probably also a bit harder or even impossible since this functionality (different belts not connecting to each other) is already included in vanilla while there is only one kind of vanilla pipes and UGpipes, and all vanilla pipes and UGpipes try to connect to each other. with the changes to fluids and fluid transport in 0.17 all this might also change again.
I'll happily use this one first and the version for pipes after 0.17 is released :-)

ps: some mods (which i don't use and don't want to use) have different types of pipes, eg wooden, copper, iron, etc. i don't know how they behave when combined, or touching each other, or when trying to weave them ...

pps: on the information tab, the fourth picture shows yellow belts #0, #1 and #2 placed, but the second picture (crafting window) has the yellow belt #2 missing. is this caused by some bug in the mod, or simply by not having researched the tech for those belts yet ? :-) btw: i like the smaller numbers from the fourth picture better and find them easier to read than the large numbers on the second.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

that would be really nice and usefull ...
but probably also a bit harder or even impossible since this functionality (different belts not connecting to each other) is already included in vanilla while there is only one kind of vanilla pipes and UGpipes, and all vanilla pipes and UGpipes try to connect to each other. with the changes to fluids and fluid transport in 0.17 all this might also change again.
I'll happily use this one first and the version for pipes after 0.17 is released :-)

It's actually pretty simple, I just have to clone the entitiy, that's how the UG belts work too.

pps: on the information tab, the fourth picture shows yellow belts #0, #1 and #2 placed, but the second picture (crafting window) has the yellow belt #2 missing. is this caused by some bug in the mod, or simply by not having researched the tech for those belts yet ? :-) btw: i like the smaller numbers from the fourth picture better and find them easier to read than the large numbers on the second.

That picture is from an earlier version where I didn't had the yellownUGbelt #2 implemented

5 years ago

It's actually pretty simple, I just have to clone the entitiy, that's how the UG belts work too.

the difference is that vanilla already has different UG belts that don't connect to each other. thus it is simple to extend that behavior to new belt types (mk4 and mk5, your belts, etc).
but weaving is unknown for vanilla UG pipes, and thus i was not sure whether it would be so simple or possible at all. but if you can do it, that would be really great and I'll gladly use water, petroleum and sulfur (or 5 different pipes all for water to increase the capacity :-) on the same line of tiles with only 1 tile width :-)

5 years ago

^^ that's the spirit!

New response