Layerd Belts

Adds underground belt layering. !!!!NOW USES FACTORIO EXTENDED PLUS FOR HIGHER BELT TIERS!!!!

Content
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Logistics

i Modded Belts

5 years ago

It may be more worthwhile to read the available belt types and extend than implement another stack of custom belts. For example, I'm using the Ultimate Belts mod which goes great with the Miniloader mod. Just throwing that out there.

5 years ago

I don't really want to tie in other mods, I want it to be as standalone as possible for now.
I may do that in the future, but I want to implement as much as possible myself since I'm doing this for the sake of exactly that.
Feels good to be coding in LUA again after 7 years^^

5 years ago

Fair enough. Have fun with it! :D

5 years ago

I will^^ thanks :D

5 years ago

if you do decide to do this, suggest using stacked icons. slightly reduces UPS, but will ensure graphics complies with any texture packs/overhauls in place. for each underground, gen new item. have it set icon to whatever the reference item uses, than add an index icon graphic on top.

5 years ago

Once I find out how that functions I'll probably do that.

5 years ago

I'm trying to recall which mods i've seen use layered sprites for icons: NPBees Redux, Clowns' Science, i think omnimatter does it somewhere within it's code when generating recipes (recipe icons are based on resource icons that it grabs dynamically).

5 years ago

aye^^ I'll take a look at how they do it once I get the free time for it^^ thanks for the suggestion :P

5 years ago

okay, I'll probably make it be abele to be used with loaderRedux as I find myself using that mod alot.

5 years ago

okay, I do have a change in plans. I've discoverd Factorio extended plus and I am going to make it compatible with that because it gives me all the infrestrucure exactly how I planned it to do it myself.

New response