Large lamp

This mod adds a large lamp which lights up a greater area then default small lamp.

3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Question: Is the Stadium reflector meant to flicker?

3 years ago

I just tried this mod out as a test run, and in theory I really like it. The large stadium light would be perfect for illuminating my larger installations. However, the light flickers quite a bit, growing dimmer and brighter rapidly. I worry about that inducing eye strain on me. Is this intentional, or am I doing something wrong?

3 years ago

Just installed this mod myself and didn't notice any flickering. I'm assuming you checked your power supply chain? I have had flickering lamps before and whenever it's happened it has turned out I was under-producing power.

3 years ago

Hmm... I didn't think I had, but I'll try that again. I may have also been dropping UPS, as well - could that cause flickering? I upgraded processors since making this post, so I'll retry.

3 years ago

I have noticed some intermittent slow downs but I'm playing a single player game, they haven't made the game unplayable, and as such generally haven't gotten that far into monitoring the game performance yet. What little I know about the UPS though, I suppose it could be...I haven't really paid attention to what the lights were doing when that happened. I will say that lamps seem to be more susceptible to not having enough power than other items. I'll notice a lamp flickering before I notice an inserter slowing down. If you're running close to the limit or have something that intermittently spikes the usage like a roboport (charging robots) you might think you're ok and just miss it. I have a small remote section of my base that was doing just that. Power was close but generally seemed to be fine and I couldn't understand why my lights were flickering. I had recently made a few changes and added more production capacity just to be sure but was still having problems. I just happened to be looking at the power grid when a bunch of robots flew off, did something, came back and recharged and I saw the spike...I had given myself about 5MW of headroom and the charging spiked around an extra 10MW...added even more power production and problem solved.

3 years ago

The issue is I... Kind of overdid just about everything. Managed to start dropping frames just from regular Vanilla items - I built too many of 'em. Power is unlikely to be the issue as I have substantial excess, but I'll play around with that. Either way, the mod looks good and thanks for making it :)

New response