Landfill plus | Breakable landfill, recipe changer and more

Allows the player to break landfill and enable various other landfill related tweaks.

Utilities
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Performance Killer?

3 years ago

Landfill plus has a time usage of around 1.5 on my server compared to 3.0 for total game update, 4.0 for total script update. Thus this single mod uses around half of the moment the total game update needs. What about the others? Can you confirm this performance hungry behaviour of Landfill plus or is something specific for my currently running server (~170h hours savegame)?

3 years ago

It works well (without UPS problems) when I comment the ontick line in your control.lua

if settings.startup["landfill-plus-breakable-landfill-setting"].value == true then
-- script.on_event(defines.events.on_tick, save_landfill_mining)
script.on_event(defines.events.on_built_entity, unbreakable_entity)
script.on_event(defines.events.on_player_mined_entity, unbreakable_entity_destroyed_player)
script.on_event(defines.events.on_robot_mined_entity, unbreakable_entity_destroyed_robot)
script.on_event(defines.events.on_pre_ghost_deconstructed, unbreakable_entity_destroyed_ghost)
else
end

Could you please make your save mining optional? It is nice to have this foolproof function but it costs a lot of UPS performance. Thus I prefer to deactivate it while some others might enjoy it => Option would be nice :-)

3 years ago

Sorry for not responding to most discussion post in a long time.
Save landfill mining is now toggleable and you can enable/disable it without restarting the game. So if you want to you can only turn it on when you really need to (and save yourself the trouble of accidentally dying).
Have a good day!

11 months ago

Hi, by toggleable, what do you mean? Toggle the mod itself on and off? I'm not finding any other setting if I'm not mistaken.

New response