LTN Screensaver

This mod allows automatically tracking a random train in map view to act as a screensaver. When the train arrives at the LTN depot, a new one is chosen when a delivery is created.

Content
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Trains

g Thanks for a great mod!

3 years ago

Objectively, this mod "does" nothing. But boy do I enjoy this mod.

I just finished a Sea Block playthrough, with LTN-driven city blocks. And every time I'd play, before quitting the game, I'd run your mod for a couple of minutes to (immodestly) admire my handiwork. So much of the total conversion mods play is building systems and then leaving them unattended to the point where you forget about them (unless / until they stop working). Your mod lets you be reminded of their existence, and lets you admire what you have created. And, it must be said, find a lot of issues, as you pan around your base, that you probably wouldn't find otherwise. I particularly like the way you've implemented switching from one train to another - it's not abrupt. I can imagine it took a lot of tuning to get that right.

Great concept, and well implemented. Great mod!

3 years ago

I'm glad you like it.

Someone made a similar mod called trainsaver, that works without LTN, you can look into that to.

As for trainsitions, on the one hand there's a API call to create a cutscene, and in first versions of the mod I used it, but it had a lot of limitations and not flexible enough, so in the end I had to use my own camera control system. It's not that complicated, I decided that I want 1) low camera speed at the start and finish of the transition 2) high speed in the middle of transition, so I used a SIN function over 0:pi/2 as an example and fitted some coefiicients.

New response