LTN Content Reader

by Optera

Display LTN's Provider and Requester contents for specific Network ID's as combinator output.

Content
1 year, 5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

g Number of Station Requests

2 years ago

I am a huge fan of your LTN mod. I am currently using 200 trains to service over 3200 train stops! I am using the LTN content provider/requesters to help determine what is causing the bottlenecks in my factories and it has worked well so far. I have the net output go through a Moon Logic combinator to determine the top 5 resources that are demanded but not met. A shortfall that I have noticed is the items that have small stacks are under represented in this method. A solution could be to determine the number of requesters rather than the amount of requested. Is this a possibility through this mod?

2 years ago

Sounds more like what you want is readers outputting stacks rather than item count.

Can be done rather easily with signal filter > divide by stack size > merge signals back.
Here's a filter fgcapo came up with: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=494511#p494511

2 years ago

Thank you for the response. I already have the number of train loads available which is based on stack size so I can back into the stack size requests. Best case scenario is I can get the stack requests as well as the number of stations requesting those stacks. 1 station requesting 100 unavailable stacks is less urgent than 10 stations each requesting 10 unavailable stacks.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

1 station requesting 100 unavailable stacks is less urgent than 10 stations each requesting 10 unavailable stacks.

I'm not sure about that, missing 100 stacks of Iron in the main smelter will grind everything else to a halt.

I'm also not sure how I could implement number of stations where n is missing without one additional virtual signal per item, or an entire new set of combinators.
For that you'd be much better off using LTNM https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LtnManager

2 years ago

I gave the LTN manager a shot as you suggested and unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. There appears to be some issue inside the code that causes a significant performance hit on the GUI update even after the GUI is closed. I think I will attempt to create a new combinator that only calculates the number of station requesters. If I loop through the requesters and just add +1 rather than the supply count that should work correct? I figure I can ignore the suppliers and deliveries at this time.

New response