Deadlock's Stacked Mining

Adds a mining planner that allows you to mark ores to be mined directly as their stacked version.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.0
Mining

g [Fixed] Compatability

3 years ago

For some reason, stacked mining planner does not work when I have cursed filter mining enabled, tried a test workd and with that mod disabled, stacked mining planner works.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Cursed-FMD is the mod in question.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for the report.

I found the issue. "Cursed Filter Mining Drill" changes the category property of all resources after my mod has finished its changes and adds its own resource categories for each ResourceEntity.

My mod checks the category of each selected ResourceEntity to figure out how to handle them and because "Cursed Filter Mining Drill" changed their categories, the check ignores the ResourceEntities, because it thinks they are some unknown modded resources of a custom category.

I have an idea of how to fix this, but for now I will add this bug to the "Known issues" and work on a fix tomorrow.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Everything should be fixed in the version I just released. I did some quick testing but feel free to check it out yourself and let me know.

3 years ago

Updated the mod and tried to use the cursed filter, and experienced a crash. Not sure if its related to your mod or filter mod.

https://imgur.com/a/9ZznsU1

3 years ago

Yea, sorry about that. Clicking on normal ores works but if you click on a stacked-ore, this error occurs.
I will mark it as incompatible again for now.

3 years ago

No worries, thanks for quick response :) And still awesome work!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

In this case the issue is on Cursed Filter Mining Drill's side.

As far as I can tell, when drawing the sprite that you see on top of the mining drill after you select a filter, Cursed Filter Mining Drill assumes that the name of the resourceEntity is the same as the item without checking if this is actually the case.
For example, when mining the resourceEntity "iron-ore", you get the item "iron-ore".

For vanilla, it works perfectly fine. However, in the case of modded resources, this can cause issues.

For example, I tried Cursed Filter Mining Drill + Angel's Infinite Ores without my mod and when selecting an infinite ore I got the same error:

It should be the same for a lot of mods that add new resources.
The code that is causing this error is in control.lua. I don't think I can modify that from my side.

EDIT: I created a report on Cursed Filter Mining Drill's mod portal.

3 years ago

Alright, I disabled cursed filter for now, since I rather have stacked mining. Only really use cursed filter in the start of a game anyways due to mixed ores. Thanks for your work! :)

3 years ago

Tested with your mod, works perfectly, but i'm showing a lot of resources now, maybe I should make a filter in a next update.
Again, thanks for report :D

3 years ago

Thank you for updating your mod.

New response