Deadlock's Stacked Mining

Adds a mining planner that allows you to mark ores to be mined directly as their stacked version.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.0
Mining

b [Fixed] Angel's Infinite Ores Issue

3 years ago

I realize this might fall under "not supported", but I'm having an issue getting this to run with Angel's Infinite Ores. The game throws an error for stacked infinite coal (fluid required, but not specified), but the way infinite ores is set up, it seems like it should throw an error for all the infinite ores, as they all require fluid; maybe it just gets to coal first and stops there.

3 years ago

I will look into it.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

First of all, thanks for the report.
However, I am having problems reproducing the error.

I tried it with only Angel's Infinite Ores and Angel's Infinite Ores + Bobs (I can't try it with Angel's Petro Chemical Processing because it causes a migration error for me).
I never got an error and can mine stacked infinite coal ore (and other infinite ores) just fine, both with the "Adds fluid requirement to infinite ores" option of Angel's Infinite Ores enabled and disabled.

Can you send me your mod list and the full error message? You can find it in your factorio folder in factorio-current.log (if the error happens again).

I will do some more testing tomorrow. Maybe I can find your error then.

However, I noticed that the yield of infinite ores is handled incorrectly. My mod changes the amount of the ore accordingly when converting it from normal to stack ore and vise versa, but this seems to also affect the yield of the ore in case of infinite ores.
I forgot to consider infinite ores when originally making this mod and just made sure that it wasn't causing any errors. I will fix that for the next version.

3 years ago

Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "stacked-infinite-coal" (resource): Minable properties fluid amount is not zero but a required fluid is not defined.
Here's my modlist: https://pastebin.com/PKuHG0qz
But don't busy yourself just yet, unless you're feeling a lot of free time. I'll see if I can make that list a lot shorter and keep the crash.

3 years ago

And there we go! Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates, with Bob's Library to get it running, Angel's Infinite Ores, and your mod+dependencies seems to generate the crash. Removing either Bob's MCI or Angel's Infinite Ores seems to resolve the issue. Of course, it could be a conflict with Bob's Library, which just isn't invoked in some way without MCI. Honestly, I have no idea exactly why this all causes an error; maybe MCI touches the fluid for infinite coal? Deletes it? Very strange.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am still having problems loading a game with all your mods. When I try to have all of them enabled, I get this error.

When I disable the mod Pressurized fluids then the game loads successfully but crashes when I try to start a new game with this error:

If I disable Deep core mining then I can start a game without any errors, but the mining of infinite ore also works as intended.

I am still working on it, I just don't have a lot of time at the moment and I am not an experienced modder so it takes me a bit longer then some others.
I changed some parts of the code so that infinite resources should be handled correctly, but even in the current version I already check if ore.minable.required_fluid is defined before modifying the minable properties fluid amount.

Some other mod is probably making changes to the minable properties after my mod that I did not account for.

EDIT:
My bad, I still had the "Adds fluid requirement to infinite ores" option of Angel's Infinite Ores disabled. I am getting the same error as you now.
And I found what is causing the error:
Angel's Infinite Ores only adds required_fluid to the minable property in data.updates, not when creating the ResourceEntity

Consider it fixed for the next version.
I also made some other changes that I want to make sure don't break anything before I upload the new version.

Thank you for your feedback.

New response