KS Power

by Klonan

Adds a range of different power producing options

Content
2 years ago
0.12 - 1.1
Power

g steam and direct power - intended ability of burner generator ?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

is the following intended behavior ? i couldn't find such information and thus am asking, and in case it is intended also to inform people who didn't find it out by themselves :-)

-1- the burner generator generates steam "out of thin air" (without a water source) and thus one steam engine (900 kW) can be fed by two burner generators (2x450 kW). when not all steam is used by the steam engine (either less power is needed or more burner generators are used), the surplus of steam can be stored in tanks. but the steam can also be used for any other purpose, eg with some other mods to clean barrels with steam, or when cracking needs steam instead of water. the latter is especially useful when playing on a waterless world :-)

-2- when no steam is used (eg no engines connected), the burner generator itself produces the same amount of electricity (450 kW per generator) and can be connected to the power network without any need for pipes and steam engines which allows for very compact setups (eg pointing the small edge towards the feeding belt and thus have 20 generators for 9 MW on an area of only 20x9 tiles (including belts, inserters and power poles) which would otherwise fit exactly the area of 10 steam engines and 5 boilers (for the same 9 MW, but not yet including any pipes, inserters, belts, power poles, offshore pump, unused space and other overhead). of course, the cost for this compactness is the halved efficiency (needing twice as much fuel).

-3- using steam (eg in steam engines) has priority over producing power directly in the burner generator.

did i see this correctly ? did i miss something ? is this the intended behavior ?

New response