Killkrog's Blueprint Manager deprecated

Adds ways to import/export and flip blueprints.

Content
6 years ago
0.13 - 0.15
Blueprints

g When does it appear?

7 years ago

Is the menu supposed to appear as soon as you start a new game, or do you have to research blueprint tech before it shows up? I ask because I'm using an accelerated start type of mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/minizbot2012/MiniBasicStart) which adds construction robots and blueprints from the beginning of the game. Not seeing any menu from this mod, so just wondering.

7 years ago

The menu pops up as soon as the research is finished.
Perhaps your mod doesnt properly fire the researched event.
In that case, you can open the console and write:
/c remote.call("KBlueprints", "init")

That should make it work

7 years ago

Correction. Capital 'i' on 'Init'

/c remote.call("KBlueprints", "Init")

7 years ago

Ahh, the mod just adds the blueprints and construction robots to your inventory, not researching the actual tech. Any way to have this set as an option to be unlocked at the start (without the research?)

7 years ago

I see...
Yeah, I guess that is doable. Patch soon with that feature!

7 years ago

Check the new version and the manual. I implemented the feature you asked for =)

7 years ago

Sorry about the late response, I finally was able to try it out in a new playthrough, but it's not exaaactly what I was expecting. I was hoping for a config.lua with a line to be able to have it enabled at the start, as opposed to having to use an in-game command.
But it's alright, thank you

7 years ago

I despise config.lua files because everyone in a MP game would need the same config. And that is just the opposite of what user customization should work like. Sorry, but before Wube isn't implementing a proper way to handle user settings, it will be a console command.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Any chance you could point me in the right direction to tweak my copy so I don't have to run any console commands? I won't be using the tweaked copy in multi, so that issue won't come up.

Also, I heartily agree with you that Wube needs to implement a real config system for mods. Though I suspect there are some potential desync issues, I think they could be "solved" by making it the mod creator's responsibility to know which of their settings need to come from the server to keep everything in sync.

Edit: I got less lazy, and actually looked at the mod :). Obviously it'll be in control.lua since there really isn't much else. Are there any scary caveats if I just take the "createMainButton(player)" bit in "function initializePlayer(player)" out of the if statement that checks for the technology?

7 years ago

You don't have to fiddle with my mod directly. As I implemented an interface, you can create your own "configuration" mod.
There are a lot of posts regarding exactly that matter in the forum post of my mod already. To give you some pointers:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=190394#p190394
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=193322#p193322

The good thing about that method is, you just have to do it once and it still works with every update I am going to release.
If you need further help, please post directly in the forum thread. The mod portal isn't really great when it comes to bigger explanations...

7 years ago

I don't know why I keep forgetting what would happen when you update. I'll go setup the configuration mod.

New response