Scenarios Pack

This pack contains the following scenarios : - "New Hope (4 levels)" : The best learning campaign from Factorio 0.16 - "Hammer of the Gods" : You are a commando ! (by DarkSeahorse635) - "Lazy Bastard Challenge" : Be fast and efficient to prove your knowledge of the game Good luck and enjoy ! More details in the description.

Scenarios
3 years ago

b NewHope L2 [Fixed]- Crash on rail research

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

While playing the second level of New Hope (atleast i think it was the second level) when the automated railroad transport finished researching i managed to recieve this error

Error while running event level::on_tick (ID 0)
core/lualib/story.lua:167: attempt to index upvalue '_ENV' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
core/lualib/story.lua:167: in function 'condition'
core/lualib/story.lua:103: in function 'story_update'
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:268: in function <...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:267>

Do note that i have these mods on, but they weren't any that i thought would affect it:
Black Market 2.0
Beautiful Bridge railway
Bob inserters, Greenhouse, and library
Research Progress

Edit: I did run just the base game (with the exception of the scenarios pack) and it gave me the same error

4 years ago

Thanks a lot for the report !
Yes it is inside level 2 in the control.lua file line 235.
It seems that I need to modify this :
return event.name == defines.events.on_research_finished and event.research.name == "automated-rail-transportation"
by that :
if event.name == defines.events.on_research_finished then
return event.research.name == "automated-rail-transportation"
else
return false
end

I will upload a patch (1.0.1) but I don't think this patch will apply to your savegame because the savegame is making a copy of the control.lua file in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves\". You may need to restart the level 2 (or you may try to modify the zip of your savegame but without warranty).

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

you wouldn't happen to know what that would be for a steam user, do you?
i get up until appdata, however i think my isn't having its files done correctly, ill look into it when i have more time

4 years ago

I am on steam on windows 10.
%Userprofile is equal to c:\users\your_name_on_windows\

4 years ago

I made some tests.
With version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1, I can't reproduce your bug.

1°) Did you get this error as soon as you have finished the "automated-rail-transportation" research or this is happening 6 seconds after ?

2°) Have you seen the next objective with the following supply ?
["piercing-rounds-magazine"] = 800,
["steel-plate"] = 1500,
["iron-plate"] = 3000,
["copper-plate"] = 3000,
["solar-panel"] = 50

3°) If you try to load an automatic savegame with some minutes in the past, do you have the same error again when you reach again the end of the research ?

4 years ago

Can you send me your savegame?
It will be much easier for me to correct the bug properly.
Thanks

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

EDIT: Moved to a thread of its own.

On the third level of New Hope, on picking up the computer from the shipwreck it properly displays the pickup message ("Yaaaay, ...") the pops up this error:

Error while running event level::on_tick (ID 0)
core/lualib/story.lua:167: attempt to index upvalue '_ENV' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
core/lualib/story.lua:167: in function 'condition'
core/lualib/story.lua:103: in function 'story_update'
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:329: in function <...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:327>

4 years ago

I just realized my pc had appdata as a hidden file and i hadn't configured the hidden files setting. answer to the first question: i got the error immediatly after it completed the auto rail tran research. Second question: no, i do not see the next objective. 3rd question: I didn't think to save a few minutes behind and have been playing a lot since and it over wrote the auto saves of this with my recent activity. 4th Question: here is the save that is set about 7 seconds before the error (mods still on but they don't change the outcome), i think
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16nwEioBXSoiETTCqgzRMlYl5yi82V9qt/view?usp=sharing

3 years ago

I have converted the level 2 using the new story_2.lua in patch 1.0.5.
This should avoid these crashes that are hapenning after a saving/loading process.

3 years ago

YES!!! i got it to work with the save. i had to go in and switch out the control files between the save and the mod but i got it to work. thanks for the help

New response