Island Locked

Improve upon kapaer's 'Islands World' mod. Removes landfill (to force island-hopping) and adds Dark Matter Replicators enabled to ore tier to smooth out the lack of resources (the challenge should be a lack of land anyhow). Goal on initial island is to get to trains to make more land available.

Mod packs
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i [FIXED]Remove DarkMatter requirement, replace with recommendation(s)

3 years ago

I do not personally like Dark Matter as an infinite ore solution. I'm going to edit my own personal copy of your mod to remove that requirement, but also I'd like to suggest you remove the requirement from your mod and instead recommend it.

I further propose you recommend that players pick one from a list of "infinite" ore mods, such as Deep Core Mining, Unlimited Resources, Angel's Infinite Ores... I'm sure there are more.

I personally am planning on doing a playthrough of your mod and Deep Core Mining, and don't want the extra stuff from Dark Matter.

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback.

If I remove DMR as a required mod, then there's no real changes from 'Island Locked' as a mod besides "removes landfill"...which, now that I look at the mod portal...apparently there are no other mods doing in 0.18? In 0.17 you'd have had a couple options.

If you're really dead set against DMR (even with the way I've modified it in Island Locked)...I've created https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vadatajs_landfill_removal so you can get the half of this mod that isn't DMR based (that is, the landfill removal portion).

3 years ago

Thank you! That's awesome and I'll be doing that. :)

This thread has been locked.