Ingredient_Scrap

by yokmp

Adds scrap results and amounts depending on the recipes ingredient types.

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Angels mod incompatibility

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

by activierung of this mod i become this error:
error by loading mods: --angelsrefining--/prototypes/recipe-builder.lua:213: attempt to compare number with nil stack traceback:
--angelsrefining--/prototypes/recipe-builder.lua:213: in function 'add'
--angelsrefining--/prototypes/recipe-builder.lua:425: in function 'p_merge_item_lists'
--angelsrefining--/prototypes/recipe-builder.lua:505: in function 'p_result_merge'
--angelsrefining--/prototypes/recipe-builder.lua:538: in function 'p_copy'
--angelsrefining--/prototypes/recipe-builder.lua:563: in function 'patch'
--angelsrefining--/prototypes/override-functions.lua:904: in function 'execute'
--angelssmelting--/data-updates.lua:247: in main chunk

mods to deactivate angelssmelting (0.6.17)

without your mod angels-smelting and -refining runs without problem. so it seems the issue of his error lays by you

2 years ago

It works with Angel666's mods (tried it a second ago) but crashes with something like bzLead activated.
Seems like some items are being overwritten here and the game then just throws an error. My mods depends on correct names and therefore Factorio thinks it is part of the problem.

In other words: I can't reproduce your error and it works on my machine.
Can you send me your Modlist or Save so i can try to figure out what went wrong?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

then why not try it with the seablock mod?
Angels will often played together with Bobs mod like in Seablock... and Bobs mods used Lead
to prevent futured issues you should try somewthing like this first

personaly i love to play the seablock mod, so for me seems that you also have to take a look of how mods of third partys will play together
but when i remember correcctly i have try to play only your mod together with angels smelting and refining and the error occours, so let me try it again with only these tree mods
ah it seems these tree work together, but smelting need angels petrochem and then you have it...
so for future preferency, you should activate the complete modpack from angel

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

the main problem what i can see with your mod would be, where you make your changes in the order of data load. factorio has 3 sequenses for loading the data. you have set your mod in the second data-updates. each mod that change data with the sequens of data-fina-fixes has the ability to broke your mod.
Your idea of change the production should at last not be in the data-updates or should at last have a fallback-routine for changes from third partys in data-fina-fixes, becourse thats the second problem.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

ps:
angels mods are current in a state where he make balance tweaks and loading updates. in the last months there whas many updates where the changes break other mods like seablock that depence on it. and mostly you play angels mods not separatly. you play most of all together and many also, as i have scribe bevor with, bobs mods. angels and bobs mods work nicely together (angel have make a setting speciel for bobs). at last uses seablock both together with other mods for a more difficulti play. So you have to check for your changes for these mods in final solution.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

It works partially now. At least is doesn't crash anymore ^^

2 years ago

ok that's nice to hear but what do you mean with particaly?

2 years ago

There are some inconsistencies like Brass-Processing unlocks Zinc-Scrap-Recycling. I didn't test it but it sounds wrong. I looked trhough the tech tree and there seems to be no zinc related tech so i'm not shure where the recycling should be unlocked.
Also there is no Platinum-Scrap and many (if not all) platinum recipes and the canister recipes produce tin scrap for some reason.

Its good enough for now but i'll fix this at some point. Such things bug me in my dreams ... ^^

New response