Ingos Advanced Start

Start with a special starter armor, which offers no protection, but includes exosceletons, robo ports, a fusion reactor and batteries. You also get 100 special (fast) starter construction bots and a few other basic starter items.

Content
24 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Cheats

i Mod settings proposal (already coded)

4 years ago

I like this mod a lot, especially for the starter robots!
But now I want to start a multiplayer map with only the robots and exoskeletons. I can tell people to destroy the other items, but they probably won't :P

So I was thinking of some settings to set which items you would get when joining the server. To make myself familiar with Factorio modding I unziped your mod and did the modifications myself.
I made settings for the armor and it's items, intermediate products, production machines, logistic items, a car and the toolbelt technology.

What do you think of these changes and how can I get the code to you? Because I couldn't find the repo for this project.

4 years ago

Well, if you want the starter robots, you need robo ports, and if you have robo ports you need energy. So there is not much you can leave out of the armor inventory ;)

On a multiplayer server you could also just edit the script files itself. You can change the list of items in the control.lua, and I think the armor grid size is in the defined in the data.lua - it needs to match the combined size of the items...

4 years ago

You indeed need the other items in the modular armor, but I meant the items you get like the plates and machines.
And I don't think I can edit mod files on the server, because the checksums of the server and client mod won't match. That's why I thought of using settings.
So the setting for modular armor would give the custom armor with reactor, exoskeletons, roboports and batteries and the fast construction robots.

4 years ago

Ah, ok I get it now...
If you have a working version with settings you can send it to me for example via the forum, then I'll upload it here.
I think in PMs you can add files: https://forums.factorio.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=29579

4 years ago

I added you as a friend, because I can't send private messages with a new account :s
But I hope I can when we're in a friend list

4 years ago

I got it, sorry it took a while...
I just uploaded your version. Looks like it works, I just edited the changelog file.

4 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for uploading it :D

New response