Infinizoom

by aaargha

Zoom without limits.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b It doesn't work on both base view and map at the same time.

3 years ago

Hey aaargha, as you already know many people have issues with this mod, even though we love it. The issue is mainy that even if we unbind the default keys, we either can't zoom into the map completely (where you can see everything, with radar) or we can't zoom at all on the main map as it just keeps jumping back and forth hapticly.

There were old, discontinued mods in the past that did it well, but I guess too much has changed in Factorio to do it, but hopefully not.

3 years ago

I'm afraid most of this comes down to limitations of the current Lua-API: it is currently not possible for a mod to control the map zoom in a reasonable fashion (I've added to an existing API-request https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68356) this means that we're stuck with both the game and the mod trying to control the zoom level at the same time (if they're bound to the same keys), depending on your scroll wheel this may break spectacularly.

If that API-request is implemented I may make a more complete zoom replacement mod, this one will probably remain with its current implementation using separate hotkeys.

If you feel like I'm missing something, especially around the "or we can't zoom at all on the main map as it just keeps jumping back and forth hapticly"-part, please add more details, but know that it's likely something that can't be fixed in the current API.

New response