by aaargha

Zoom without limits.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Map Zoom disabled

3 years ago

Little issue with last update..

Scroll wheel works fine for zooming while in play area, but now the zoom for MAP mode is borked.

Couldn't fine any MOD settings or controls for Infini Zoom to correct this. If you are going to override the scroll wheel, please do so for the MAP mode as well.

Thanks

3 years ago

Thanks for the report talung, will have to look into this

3 years ago

Yes, I can't use ctrl+L/ctrl+K to zoom.

I hope this will be fixed soon. Thank you!

3 years ago

Map zoom should now work properly. Also fixed some jank where zooming on the map would change the regular zoom as well.

@phy6geniux: As of 0.1.5 the mod no longer uses separate hotkeys but hooks into the games regular zoom events, AutoHotkey etc. are no longer needed to use the scroll wheel to zoom. Just bind the regular zoom hotkeys to whatever you like (the default scroll wheel works well) and the mod will remove fix the rest.

3 years ago

Just tried the update.

Yes is works in MAP mode, but then it no longer works in Game mode. It reverts to default behaviour. :(

3 years ago

Hello @aaargha, I'm trying to zoom in map, but it just do the regular zoom map. It doesn't show the 'zoom' just like before. Thank you.

3 years ago

Hmm, I think you guys are gonna have to be a bit more specific in what you're doing, what you expect to happen and what is happening.

In my test it works like this:
Map and "zoomed in map" work as they usually do, zoom with scroll wheel as normal.
Regular game now zooms infinitely using the scroll wheel.
ctrl+L and crtl+K no longer have any function for this mod, use the regular zoom controls instead.

3 years ago

I see, the zoomed out in map doesn't work, or it is the feature now? Regular game now zooms out infinitely, but for the map, zoomed out infinitely doesn't work.

Thanks.

3 years ago

I'm honestly not really sure I understand what you're trying to say. I'll keep looking at improving the behaviour over the coming days and do some more testing to see if I can get what your issue is.

What I'd like you to try is see how it behaves using the default key binds (especially if you have changed any related to zooming), my guess is that some configurations that worked well with the old implementations may be a bit broken with the new one.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Looks like if you open the map and zoom into the world, you can't zoom infinitely out in that view. Even if you remove the control for zooming out of world (which is normally mousewheel down), it won't zoom out past that level. It's weird because the command to zoom out works, but scrolling out doesn't work. I'm not sure how to fix it, it might be a bug with the base game.

3 years ago

This issue is nothing as fancy as a game bug, unfortunately. It's due to my attempt to reduce the jank and sudden jumps you could get when going to/from map mode, combined with a slight misunderstanding of which render_modes the zoom variable actually works.

By keeping separate zoom values for each render_mode it is possible to zoom infinitely in the "zoomed into world" mode as well.

I'll have the next version out as soon as I'm happy with the transition from map to zoom into world.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Glad to see that infinite zoom is working when using the scroll wheel now. But version 0.1.7 seems to inadvertently have broken other things:

• When in map mode and zooming in, when the visuals change from the "abstract" view to the actual entity view, there is a lot of jitter, probably the code trying to remove any big changes when changing from map to regular mode. But now it thinks that you go out of map mode when zoomed in enough to see entities, while it's still just map mode.

And from 0.1.6:

• When a train GUI is open and the train map viewport is visible, using the mouse wheel should only zoom the train map view, and not the actual game zoom. Now it zooms the game as well, while the train GUI is open.

Edit: When in map mode and opening the train GUI, it works as expected, but when opening a train regularly, the game zoom level changes as well when zooming inside the train GUI.

3 years ago

Thought things might work better when trying to replace the regular zoom function than it would when I started out making this mod. Turns out there are still a whole boatload of edge-cases that will be extremely annoying to try to fix. Have reverted back to the old hotkeys in 0.1.8.

This thread has been locked.