Infinite Resources - Normal Yields (with optional depletion)

An infinite resource mod that allows miners to continue mining ore resources at the normal vanilla rates (no insane yields!), and then can optionally start decreasing to lower yields after the initial spawned resource amounts are mined, with only a single code execution per resource tile. Includes settings for minimum depletion level and rate of depletion. This mod is for those that want the benefit of infinite resources (never running out), while preserving the vanilla rate and feel.

Tweaks
a day ago
Mining

b [fixed- Omnimatter] Omnimatter and Nullius unsupported?

1 year, 3 months ago

I downloaded it several months ago and quite like your mods, cheers!

It works perfectly with most mods but seems doesn't work with these two mods? Omnite and most of Nullius resources are unaffected.
(works normally with iron and copper in Nullius but seems not work for other resources)

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the report. Hmm, this may be because they add their new ores (or make other changes) after my script for making ores infinite runs. I'll take a look at some point and see if I can fix it.

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Thanks!

by the way may I make a request here?
I hope there will be an option: reversed version of make starting area infinite, which only affect all resources outside of starting area.

1 year, 3 months ago

by the way may I make a request here?
I hope there will be an option: reversed version of make starting area infinite, which only affect all resources outside of starting area.

I had thought about this, but then didn't as I thought with the infinite resource removal tool, if someone wanted to get rid of the starting area resources, then they could just simply use that.

But yeah, while I'm looking into fixing the mod compatibility, I can look into this, too. Probably will replace the current true/false check box with a drop-down selection.

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi, sorry it's taken me a while to look into this.

I've just given the Omnimatter mod a really fast try with this one and it seems to be working for me? Note that, at least for Omnimatter, they seem to have 2 resources: regular and infinite. I'm not sure what controls their infinite placement, but my mod won't touch that one of theirs, anyway. Also, double check this mod's Startup settings and make sure you haven't accidentally put their regular resource (omnite) as an exclusion.

1 year, 2 months ago

Ok, figured it out. Turns out it was a general bug in my code logic, not something to do specifically with Omnimatter or Nullius. Non-technically, if you already had a save with this mod in it, then introduced another mod that added a new resource, mine failed to update this. Thus, when you depleted a resource tile, it didn't know that was one that it should update as well.

Anyway, fixed!

Also changed the Start Only option into a drop-down, so you can choose if you want the infinite resources to apply to all resources, only those in the starting area, or all except those in the starting area.

v0.0.5 released.

1 year, 2 months ago

Many thanks!
Made a quick try with omnimatter and it works well.
Will have a try with nullius later since it doesnt work well on my laptop and i must run it at home.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Bad news - I tried new version in Nullius and its still not working(except iron ore). Works well in all other mods now.
I know Nullius features built-in infinite resource in late game so infinite resource mod isnt really needed, I'm just curious about... why this mod don't affect nullius resources.

1 year, 2 months ago

I'll take a look when I have some time.

1 year, 2 months ago

Ok, so a quick look is because Nullius is doing things in an unexpected way. They are defining their new resources in data-updates.lua instead of data.lua, and because my mod loads first, their resources are thus not defined yet for my mod to even know they exist. They're also overwriting the vanilla resources in the same file, though thankfully my mod doesn't actually make any changes to the vanilla resource itself.

I've reported this to them: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/nullius/discussion/63f6de204667266d62d0e2dc

New response