2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g Repairable

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks for the mod ! Nicely made.
I like it very much I think I'll never leave my car anymore now ^^

One thing though : Is it just me or is it impossible to repair ? Using a repair kit on it does nothing.
It isn't damaged often for sure, but still can, from the corrosive vapours of acid pools. ( Combat Mechanics Overhaul )

Edit : Well, I mined it by misstake and discovered that it fix it ! Not very roleplay but it works ^^

Edit 2: I also found out that, if the car is parked too close to some mod furnitures, I can't go back in.
( Water pump and 3x3 chest, to name them. I don't know if it comes from those mod or this one, and it isn't a big trouble either. I'm just telling. )

2 years ago

I did some testing and managed to fix at least one of the two. Both versions of the cars are now fully repairable in Mod Version 0.2.14.

When it comes to the issues of entering the car, it is due to the nature of how Factorio handles standard vehicle entry which isn't prepared for overlapping entities. While it is possible to fix this through my own solution of vehicle entering, this would take a bit more time to develop and the problem will remain for now. This has been known since the beginning and hopefully will soon be addressed.

Thanks for letting me know about the issues though, hope it works well!

2 years ago

I knew the notification was you when I saw the mod has been updated ! =}
Just tested, seems to works like a charm =) Thanks much !

Ah yes I see, well luckly it isn't a big issue. Its weird the first time but one quickly learn to park better xD

Oh btw, another thing jumpt on my eyes since : When over water there seems to be two shadows, is it how vanilla game manage entity over water ? Is it inevitable ? Again not an issue, even less, but It always feels weird.

Well, going thru your accound I realised I'm using half your mods x) thanks for each one of those !

2 years ago

The double shadow is due to the vanilla water reflection, which in Mod Version 0.2.15 I simply removed from the cars.

I also went ahead and made a prototype to fix the problem with entering the cars when they are over another entity. As far as my testing went, it worked perfectly as intended and has been included with Mod Version 0.2.15. Now you should be able to enter the cars regardless of collisions as long as you are within a few tiles of one.

Glad you are making good use of my mods, hopefully everything works better now.

2 years ago

Damn, that was a productive day ! ^^ And indeed everything's fine it seems ! Not colliding with pumps or chests anymore.
That's cool for the shadow, it was nothing and barely seen, but was still bugging me ^^

PS: Since some days I had fun translating some mods, I thought it could be a "thank you" I can do for modder who would be interrested.
Are you ? ( I made it anyway ^^ I'll paste it down here, you'll see if you use it or not. I could do it for your other mods too ! )

Well, good job. & Thank you =)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

For no use anymore. Collapsed for the well being of our eyes !

2 years ago

That's very much appreciated, it looks great! I've added it to the locale of the mod and will push it whenever the next version of the mod comes out, to avoid so many updates at once. Thanks again!

2 years ago

Cool =} I'm glad, my pleasur !

2 years ago

Hi again !
I'm sorry to extend the off-topic even more ^^

Since last time I've been in contact with the people from the "Pacth FR" mod, wich centralise french translations for lots of mods : (With one from yours already actually ! Tree bombs to name it.) I was wondering if you would prefer them to handle this translation I made maybe ? That way you wouldn't have to think about it. I even think of doing your other mods for them, would you be okay with that ?

2 years ago

I'm perfectly okay with it if you would like to do the translations for them, as it indeed would help put them all in one place.

2 years ago

Nice =) So it will be ! ^^
Thanks again for your work and attention ! and Good next !

New response