A hovering car to quickly traverse rough terrain. Support for 0.18+

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i Graphics

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

In your graphics code, I think you should be able to use the bot sprites with the car without any need for image editing.
Just add four instances of the construction robot graphics, add the position property to put them at the corners. That property is relative to the direction of the vehicle.
Like so, for the four entries of the construction robot graphics respectively:
position = {0.0, 1.0}
position = {0.0, -1.0}
position = {1.0, 0.0}
position = {-1.0, 0.0}

Then you script it to change render_layer of the bots as it turns, to make sure the right robots are behind and in front depending which way the vehicle is facing.

3 years ago

I will mess around to see if I can get this idea to implement smoothly and be optimized, thanks!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I think this error may be related (I was unable to start the game):

149.043 Error AtlasSystem.cpp:1533: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=128x128) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=120x64).
If this is being used as an icon you may need to define the icon_size property.: base/graphics/icons/car.png; mods: aai-programmable-vehicles Krastorio2 deadlock_stacked_recipes

It is clearly not those mods' fault. When I disabled Hover Car, the error was gone.

3 years ago

Hello YunoAloe,
While I was not able to reproduce any sort of error even with the mods mentioned, I have added an extra step to make sure it uses my own entity icons.

I believe it is caused from another mod changing the base car's icon, but cannot confirm this completely.

Please update to mod version 0.2.11 and let me know if you find the problem still, thank you.

3 years ago

Yes, this has fixed the error. Thank you.

New response