Hiladdar's Mining

Adds 5 tiers of configurable electric mining drills, and pump jacks.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

b unable to start game in 0.18.44

3 years ago

Hi.
In the latest version of Factorio (0.18.44) the following error message appears when starting the game:

http://prntscr.com/tvred2

PS: sorry, i was too lazy to write it all down. I preferred to take a screenshot of it.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for the heads up.

I've looked into the issue, and was able to trace the this down. The bug was introduced by version 0.18.44 of Factorio, when the base game removed graphics that this module used.

My intent is to get patch to this module in as soon as practical. FYI, you are not lazy, what you did was smart in conveying the issue to me.

Edited: 1220 hrs, Aug 7, 2020: Upon taking a detailed look, this will entail rewriting most of the mod. Version .44 flattening the mining drill, which will require the all the electric mining drill graphics to be re-rendered to start, with probably some changes to the code, as well as testing. Last time I worked on this it took about day and half. Advantage is that this time, I don't have to figure out how to do it, but just do it.

Hiladdar

3 years ago

It's nice to see that it is being worked on so quickly. :D

However, I still have a short question. In the description of this mod it says that you can adjust how expensive the research is. (It's the last section)
I just don't find this anywhere in the mod settings. Could it be that it was broken by an update?

PS: For me, level 5 costs 1 million science packs ....

3 years ago

To answer your questions. First, I just uploaded version 0.18.3 of the mod, to work with version 0.18.44 and higher of Factorio.

Before starting the game, enter the mod settings, Startup tab. There will be a section for Hiladdar's Mining. Make sure power is set to zero. Focus on the Speed settings. The speed setting determines how fast the mine or pump will work. The higher that setting is, the faster each successive tier of the miner or pump will work. Cost for such speed, is a higher research cost, and more items needed to manufacturing the minor or drill. This allows the player to choose how big of an increase each successive tier will be,

I use similar techniques in several of my other mods, where I try to balance better structures to be more expensive. If someone is playing the game to achieve 1-2 rockets launched per minute, and 1-2k science per minute, I recommend the setting to be 50 or so. If someone wants to go for 25 rockets launched per minute with 25k science per minute on a map, then, set it max. On a base that can push out 25k science per second, it will only take 40 seconds to research something that costs 1m.

When I designed this mod, there were two settings which determined how fast oil was pumped, and resources mined, power and speed, for both electric mining drill and pump. One of the experimental patches got rid of the power setting. I left the power setting in the code, since there may be maps that started with it, and I did not want to accidently blow someone’s map up by removing that setting. At some point, in the future, probably, just before version 1, I plan on removing the code for the power setting.

Hiladdar

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick information. It would of course be nice if it were written somewhere (it can of course also be that my English is so bad that I just didn't understand it correctly ^^).

Otherwise I wish you a nice weekend and stay healthy (Happy Corona)

New response