Hiladdar's Gear

Build a miniaturization laser assembly to miniaturize existing equiptment, as well as introduction of a new weapon, bugzapper with three times the range of a personal laser and massive damage.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Armor

g Bob mods

4 years ago

How well does this mod work with Bob's mods?

4 years ago

I have not tested it with Bob's mods. In theory technically, it should work without any issues.

I have tested this with many other less extensive mods and did not have any issues. From the perspective of play testing and balance as it relates to Bob's , I don't know. I try to design and code my mods in such a way that each mod can stand on it's own and modify only a small slice of the game. I think that promotes much more maintainable code.

What I do to mitigate conflicts is make sure that I use unique naming convention, prefacing my content's variables, filenames, etc with the string 'hsmd" as much as possible. I also make sure there are not any mandatory dependencies on other developer's mods. If a mod owner of another mod would like for me to include an optional dependency on their mod, changing for example a recipe, I am open to that. I am willing to work with the other mod owner to make sure we drop the code for the optional dependency where ever it make the most sense. I did something similar with with the my research mod, allowing my labs to be functional in a different mod that used energy in lieu of science packs.

Hiladdar

4 years ago

If they work alongside without any integration this is nothing for my current game. Thanks for the answer anyway!

New response