Hazard Lights

A mod that adds light to the cornors of common buildings at night to stop you from driving into them

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [Fixed] Problems with the water pump.

3 years ago

Hi,

Unfortunately I discovered a bug in connection with the water pump.
The mod sets the lights as expected. But when I dismantle the pump, the lights still stay in place.
If I now build and dismantle the pump several times, I have red lights everywhere that can't be removed.
I had to load an older game and throw out the mod.
Since I work with Clockwork and have deep black nights, this mod is actually perfect!

Before I forget:
The Hazard Lights Selection Tool does not help here either. I use all three hazard mods.
I play with a big mod package. Among other things Krastorio 2. Here the water pump needs electricity.
But that won't be the reason for the problem.

Can you fix the problem?

Thank you!
greetings
Illyria

3 years ago

i have dealt with this issue in the past, and i made a setting so that every X seconds (configurable in another setting) it removes any floating lights, just try and turn that setting on and check if floating lights disappear

because i can never figure out why the lights start floating in some cases

3 years ago

Hi SpaceCat-Chan,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have already found and activated this function.
The lights then also disappeared. Then I rebuilt the water pump and demolished it again.
The lights stayed there again. Then I deactivated the function again in the settings and reactivated it. Without function. This time the lights couldn't be removed.
I had to deactivate the mod ...

I have no idea about modding. But maybe you can install the mechanics a little differently. The buildings you build have no hazard lights. But with the Hazard lights selection tool you can place the lights yourself.
Maybe the error occurs when placing the lights automatically ...
I noticed that the lights on the water pump glowed a little less. And when I used the Hazard lights selection tool to pull a frame around the water pump, it was a little stronger.
I didn't notice the mistake in the other buildings. I can use the tool to remove the lights and add them again as I want.

I hope my error description is understandable. Sorry, I'm not that good in English, and I'm using online tools.

greetings
Illyria

3 years ago

well, the rescan timer defaults to 2 minutes, that means you need to wait up to 2 minutes for the lights to disappear

in the settings you can change said timer down a bit if you want. after you check that setting please do reply with your findings

3 years ago

That seems to be working. The lights will go out after 1 minute (set by me).
But now something else is strange ...
I now have red lights next to my tracks in two different places, but nothing is there. These cannot be removed.
I don't want to say now that they bother me particularly. It's just weird ...

3 years ago

that could be from a car that got misidentified by auto-lights, can you send a picture?

3 years ago

Hmm. I do not have a car ...
I can take a screenshot. I am currently playing my game. But how do I post this here? Or where do I upload it?

3 years ago

you could use imgur or google drive or something

3 years ago

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SEB_yGAAtbWhzRcqosuEr14oQN3ZLBOk

Once over my character, and once at the bottom left. (Both circled)
None of my objects or buildings makes these hazard lights. I have already dismantled the train signal. Nevertheless, the light remains.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

two ways i can think of that that could have happened:
1. something moving got selected by the hazard-selectors
2. one of the saves you reverted to somehow still had hazard-lights in them

there is actually a way to tell which happened here
if you change the light color in the settings, then if those lights change their color, then it must be option 1
if they don't change colors, it must be option 2

3 years ago

Interesting theory ...

The color changes. So it should be 1st.
The trains also had hazard lights.
With the hazard light selection tool, I removed the hazard lights from the trains.
But these two hazard lights near the tracks remain. I have no other moving objects.
I have just drawn a large frame and deselected it. That didn't remove the lights either.

3 years ago

we can conclude two things from this:

1. both lights have a valid entity assigned to them.
  2. both light are in the list of lights and have not been forgotten

i will see if i can make a special version of the mod to also test if the lights are reserved

3 years ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gEJAPi17T55D6YHfSfWD9_i6vW9Py_k8/view?usp=sharing

that is a custom version of the mod, with it we can check if the lights are reserved or not.

1. backup your save
  2. load the save with the custom mod
  3. change the light colors
  4. if the lights change colors, they are not reserved, if they don't then they are reserved
  5. delete the custom version and restore the backup of your save

and that's really it

3 years ago

Okay, tried it.
The custom mod shows an interesting behavior ...
The red light, below the track, has changed color.
The red light above the signal has kept its color.
(See image 1)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bbs8iSUjo1zM4ey2D9TBIhww1gQy176i

On the west wall, a few buildings have different colors.
(See image 2)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iRStNs_u-I8aIoZnziwzZWkHDz4jpeQr

All other buildings in my base have the changed color.
(See image 3)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-fixDd25LdZhvzBOYVaruygZ9OgXZRUp/view

What does that mean?

3 years ago

if a light is reserved, that means the base mod is not allowed to touch or change it in any meaningful/destructive way

reservations exist so other mods can say that this is their item and other mods should not change it

currently only the hazard-lights-selector uses this, all lights that did not change color, were at some point selected by a selector

this also gives us interesting information about the two buggy lights
specifically, the top one was caused by the selectors, and the bottom one was not

i will try and make an update to the selectors mod so that you can emergency delete lights that have no building for them

3 years ago

the latest update on Hazard-Lights-Selection-Tool will allow you to remove the bugged lights

just be careful, the emergency remover is very laggy to use and may take a while

3 years ago

I updated the mods. And it works!
I was able to remove the buggy lights with the new emergency remover. A very useful tool for such cases.

To the post before:
I am not aware of having made one of the lights with the selector. Which strikes me that every newly built train produces lights at the station.
Since I have integrated your mod into an already running game, this buggy light could only have been created by this.
As for the trains: I have - as far as I know - deselected all trains after installing your mod.
Well, everything is working properly now!
I am rid of the faulty lights and I can enjoy the mod. :)

I thank you! Really, good job!

3 years ago

by the way, a recent update on auto-lights means future trains shouldn't have lights anymore

to make it update you can change the width and height settings on that mod if you have it installed

3 years ago

Oh very good.
That should avoid further conflicts.
Are you sure that it makes sense to change the width and height?
Finally, this mod automatically adds lights to all buildings. Whether larger or smaller.
I think I leave the default settings.
You must have set this up for a reason.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

changing the width or height will force the auto-lights mod to update the list of items with lights

and a clarification: the width and height are minimums for the things it adds lights to

you can change the settings back again once it is updated

3 years ago

Ah, that's what you meant ...
A good idea ... There are no buggy lights at the moment.
Although ... I just remembered: I also use the Bulk Rail loader Mod. And the hazard lights cannot be removed from it.
The lights on the rail loaders don't really bother me. On the contrary, they are buildings that should be visible in the dark.
Most of my buildings are visible in the dark even without hazard lights because I like to install a lot of lamps. But in the event of a power failure, the hazard lights are immensely helpful.
And of course there are still some dark corners ...
Anyway, I like your mod.

I'll try the height and width with the bulk rail loaders. If I go over it with the selection tool, several lights stack on top of each other. But only these can be deselected.

New response