Hazard Lights

A mod that adds light to the cornors of common buildings at night to stop you from driving into them

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [Fixed] Red dots not disappearing

4 years ago

I used a deconstruction planner on my factory and the bots did their job. The items were removed but the hazard lights stayed. I'm not sure how to reverse it but it seems reverting to an old save did the trick.

Please fix this, I love this mod!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

i can't seem to replicate this issue myself, what mods are you using? is the issue still continuing, or did it stop?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I used these mods together with Hazard Lights:
- Blue Ghosts
- Concretexture
- Dirt Path
- Disco Science
- I, Robot
- Creative Mod

This happened in multiplayer as well as single player. I remember using a deconstruction planner with filters for excluding logistics chests and plain ones. Here are two of the occurrences:

1. During multiplayer, I used the deconstruction planner with filters. There is a brief lag before the game would respond and then the bots get deployed. The hazard lights remain in place of the machines. The other guy in the server sees the Hazard Lights too. So I'm sure it's not just me. Reverting to an old save and disabling the mod worked for this.
  2. Single player with creative mod, the deconstruction planner instantly removes items from the ground. Same with the multiplayer event, a brief lag occurs. An auto-save was reloaded but this time the mod was still active. I tried to replicate it but it didn't work.

It doesn't always happens when deconstructing as I've used this mod for a long while together with deconstruction planners with no errors happening. I'm actually not sure what's the trigger. Manually removing the assemblers doesn't seem to replicate it or it hasn't happened before. I hope this helps!

Edit: Screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/ij8N9bU.jpg

4 years ago

i will try to look into it

thank you for the report

4 years ago

I've also noticed that If you have The Blueprint Lab - Bud installed, when you create an entity in the lab and leave it there, sometimes the hazard lights of those entities show through when you come back to the main game. If you go back into the lab and clear the entity it fixes the lights

4 years ago

when just thinking about why that would occur the only reason i could think of is a bug with either Factorio or The Blueprint Lab - Bud, i haven't tested it tho, so i am not sure

4 years ago

i have released an update that hopefully fixes this issue, if you experience this issue turn on the new setting and wait for a bit of time
since i am unable to reproduce the issue on my end, i do not know how well it will fix the issue

best case scenario
the light only linger for a little bit of time before they get removed

worst case scenario
the game crashes

4 years ago

I have actually found a way to reproduce the issue and the fix seems to work, if you encounter the issue check above comment

4 years ago

cool, my savegame has help you ?

4 years ago

well, the issue was reproducible in vanilla with only my mod so other mods don't really have anything to do with it
but it did give me the right idea about what could be the cause

New response