HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting

by Qon

Automatically start handcrafting an item that is quickbar filtered (or in logistics requests) that you don't have enough of whenever your crafting queue is empty. Prioritises items in your cursor and what you need the most. It's like having logistics deliveries for early game!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Nearby Blueprints

3 years ago

I'm really loving your mod in my current seablock run, there's so many different recipes and items this just fills the small gaps until I can get a proper logistics mall running.

Would it be possible to please add a feature that auto-crafts nearby blueprint items that are missing the materials for construction?
Sometimes I'll miscalculate or change my mind mid construction project and I'll run out of a particular item, or accidentally miss one and I'll leave a little ghost behind. If there was an auto-craft item whenever one would be detected it would just pop into my bag and my robots would go fly to build it, saving an annoying bug fixing time later.

3 years ago

That's a cool idea. It might be a bit tricky to implement it without making performance worse if the ghost detection radius is large, and the priority right now is to make CPU performance of the mod better.

But would you really want all ghosts autocrafted or just the ones that are in your list, and then maybe just bump the priority a bit for those items? Would be annoying if you place a end-game building and it's suddenly handcrafted.

2 years ago

Great symbiosis with bluebuild or something like that then.

New response