HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting

by Qon

Automatically start handcrafting an item that is quickbar filtered (or in logistics requests) that you don't have enough of whenever your crafting queue is empty. Prioritises items in your cursor and what you need the most. It's like having logistics deliveries for early game!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b [Resolved] Crash

5 years ago

Got this error report:

9096.023 Error MainLoop.cpp:1143: Exception at tick 5068879: The mod HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event HandyHands::on_player_crafted_item (ID 13)
LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid.
stack traceback:
        __HandyHands__/control.lua:29: in function <__HandyHands__/control.lua:26>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__index'
9096.023 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event HandyHands::on_player_crafted_item (ID 13)
LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid.
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__index'
        __HandyHands__/control.lua:29: in function <__HandyHands__/control.lua:26>"
9096.028 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:740: updateTick(5068879) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Can you provide me with Factorio and HandyHands version? Thanks.
Also, what did you do when the crash happened? Do you know how to reproduce the crash?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Factorio 0.17.24 (.25 doesn't work with Angel's BP, already fixed in .26).
HandyHands 1.7.4.

I was using the Creative Mode mod to test a map for a server with all recipes unlocked and clicked to craft something (had made many other things prior to that point so don't know what was special about it nor if it was related at all, there were other people on the test server checking things out as well so unsure if they did anything either).

It only crashed the map and not the entire engine so I was able to reload the map and continue testing, it didn't seem to happen again but we didn't do much else in testing.

5 years ago

Ok, thanks for the report and the extra details. I'll take a look :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

HandyHands 1.7.6 will now pause when that bug occurs instead of crashing. I'll have to look into it more sometimes later to determine what causes the issue. The crash happened when an item stack that I received in an event handler was invalid. But since I use it immediately I thought it would always be valid (that's what I remembered from reading the documentation at least).

Also the changelog format is now parsed by the Factorio changelog parser so you can read it in the game :)

5 years ago

Woot!

New response