HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting

by Qon

Automatically start handcrafting an item that is quickbar filtered (or in logistics requests) that you don't have enough of whenever your crafting queue is empty. Prioritises items in your cursor and what you need the most. It's like having logistics deliveries for early game!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Blueprints?

7 years ago

Would it be possible to order it to craft all the items on a blueprint?
i could see that being handy ;-D

7 years ago

Yeah maybe. But how would you control that? Would it simply count the ingredients needed for any blueprint that is in a blue toolbar slot and act as if the ingredients were requested instead of the blueprint item?

I usually have temporary blueprints in a blueprint book that I cycle through and I wouldn't want the selected blueprint or all the blueprints in it together requested. I don't often have blueprints in my toolbar now that blueprint books are available so if this feature only affected blueprints and not blueprint books on my toolbar then I wouldn't be bothered by it.

But others might not use blueprint books and still don't want HH to autocraft everything in their toolbar blueprints anyways. So how to make it less intrusive? I had a request earlier in my forum thread that 'tool' type items should not be autocrafted. If blueprints are never autocrafted then maybe the "blueprint setting" could be for multiples of the ingredient list instead. So if 'blueprint' is at 2 then you will always have enough to place 2 of any blueprint that is on your toolbar (and filtered of course). Then even blueprint books could use this behaviour. For blueprint books I guess a sensible amount would be the minimum required to place any single one of the blueprints in the book (multiplied by the 'blueprint-book' setting). But collecting the ingreient list of all recipes in all blueprint books could become very costly in CPU cycles if I do it too often...

Thoughts?

7 years ago

yes i see that would indeed be a kerfuffle. maybe i didnt think this throuh enough^^

7 years ago

Np, thinking is my job anyways. It's a good suggestion even if it's hard to implement. The future will tell if it happens or not q:

New response