Global Warming

by Mylon

Pollution will cause sea level rise and desertification. Be careful that your factory does not destroy the entire planet.

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

i Machine Breakdowns

7 years ago

Totally stolen from this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/5goyn6/global_warming_mod_idea_is_it_possible_to_make_a/

As temperatures rise and more dust floats in the air, machines grind to a halt.
Basically every so often have a random (increasing with temperature) chance to deal random (increasing with temperature) damage to one inserter/assembler.

At first it's not enough to break it, and a player with bots online has to do nothing to fix it, but if the damage is enough to oneshot it then production will stop, even if only for as long as it takes for it to be rebuilt.

Maybe print a console message the first time it happens, or even better, a dialog box like the one at the start.

7 years ago

I wanted to write a mod where buildings not on concrete take damage over time. I could double that to make it so concrete without walls is temporary. But the damage would be relatively mild or it would just be too frustrating to deal with early on, and then after roboports it becomes an even milder annoyance as it just consumes repair packs and that's it.

Overall I figured it wouldn't make enough of a difference to the game to be worth the bother.

New response