Gizmos Car Keys

Tired of running to your car?...Run No More!...Bring your car to you! Click the car key on a car to link your keys to the car. The keys go into your hotbar or inventory, when you need your car, pick up your keys and left click the spot you want your car to appear...No more running around trying to remember where you parked it last!

Content
6 years ago
Transportation

b Multiple car keys link to same car

6 years ago

probably not a bug but it's not working as expected.
2nd car key would link to the same car, I figured the keys are all different. guess they're the same thing behind the scene...

6 years ago

still a problem

5 years ago

Since I just read through the functions (again, not actually able to code):
The key doesn't actually connect to the car, your player does. The key is just what executes the functions when you use it.
I'd assume the mod could be rewritten to bild the function to the key, but that raises another problem I think. Look at factorissimo with creative mode installed. There's not really three factory buildings, there's dozens of them with the same visible name. You only ever get to craft one. However I think that each building is actually tied to the layer it creates.
Back to the keys, that's mean there would have to be several dozen keys in the game (and eventually, you have them all and can't get more) so that each can tie to a vehicle. Doable I guess but don't ask me how.

New response