Automatic Train Fuel Stop

This mod allows trains with low fuel to automatically enter the fuel stop to replenish fuel.

Content
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Trains

g New Idea

4 years ago

So I just found this mod. And it is a great backup to my fueling stations at all my stops. Occasionally I forget to add one or turn a inserter etc. I have an idea.

If you can make this mod can you make a mod for LTN that creates a "Cleanout stop" that cleans out cargo wagons of extra products that didn't get delivered? I would like it to be added to the LTN schedule. So a train is ordered. The train picks up product. Brings it back to drop off and then before returning to the LTN depot to wait for another load it goes to a cleanout stop. Then goes to the LTN depot. If we could get a mod like that LTN would be perfect and I would be forever grateful. 9 times out of 10 my trains are completely empty as they should be. But sometimes traffic jams happen and trains time out or dont get unload all the way and it creates chaos. Let me know what you think.

4 years ago

I dont want to insult you, but it seems that you're using ltn incorrectly.

4 years ago

I dont want to insult you, but it seems that you're using ltn incorrectly.

Far from using LTN incorrectly. When you are running hundreds of trains using LTN its a common issue. Look through the forums and reddit. Nearly everyone recommends putting Active provider chests to empty out each train car incase they come back with residual materials. You can't account for everything and stuff does go wrong. Thats where contamination comes in. At nearly 5kspm with over 250 trains running sometimes they come back with a handful of items remaining. Its extremely rare but it does happen. LTN tracker does alert to it. And in 14 hours straight since posting this I haven't had an instance of it. But I figured the mod would help others who don't know how to optimize LTN perfectly and to allow a fallback. Seems like it would be pretty simple. If the train leave the requester station with product it adds in the "Cleanout Stop" and then it goes back to the LTN Depot.

New response