Frozen World

Stuck on an ice world with seas of methane and and an ammonia atmosphere. The only organic material on the planet appears to be a vicious native animal! Can you survive long enough to escape?

Mod packs
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Balancing Concerns

5 years ago

First off: this is a cool concept. I know a lot of folks ask about the prospect of playing "Landblock" (Seablock mechanics without needing to place so much landfill). And I'm definitely interested in both this concept and the thematic twist that you've put on it.

However, having looked into it, it is kind of degenerate at present.

There really are no good power options in early game. Like in Seablock, green algae with mk1 boilers/engines are terrible, but the only real alternative is wind turbines, which are also annoying. Neither Angel arboretums nor Bob greenhouses can be started in the first place. This means you are basically held to your starter power until you get mk2 boilers/engines. But building a huge green algae build with mk2 boilers/engines feels like a waste of time when you will, soon enough, have access to unlimited methane to feed to liquid fuel generators.

After that, it seems like you made petrochem kind of a joke. Source power from methane, source plastic also from methane, source resin from methane and air. Now the only petrochem issues that are left are sulfur (lime filtering) and lubricant. You made gardens extremely expensive to craft, so lubricant is going to have to come from algae liquefaction, but that's fine, you have plenty of sulfur and CO2 to work with. So now Petrochem is easy.

The end result is that you have a really brutal early game (even harder than Seablock) followed by a setup that is arguably easier than regular AngelBob in mid and endgame. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

3 years ago

I see not much has changed lol.

Early Power was so bad, oxigenizing all the things for fuel was not enough for all those electrolyzers creating the oxygen.
Then suddenly fluid Boilers and its just a joke. One Oxygen/Methan Slush (20/s) is enough for 2 boilders (10/s) which is also 50% better in steam than boiler 2

New response