Frozen World

Stuck on an ice world with seas of methane and and an ammonia atmosphere. The only organic material on the planet appears to be a vicious native animal! Can you survive long enough to escape?

Mod packs
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Problem with oxygen

5 years ago

To refill your oxygen bottles you need automatization 2, which requires way a lot of research before you can unlock it. I'm running low on xygen and still have many things to research, even if I already researched oxygen supply, so I think I'll die. I think you should be able to refill your bottles in liquifiers or at least chemical plants.

5 years ago

I agree. I tried it twice yesterday and Assembly Machine 2 (the one that can fill bottles) is way too far off (you need all the production chains including suplhur to crystalize bobmonium to tin and lead to make the circuits). There should either be an easier reserchable recipe to fill in liquifier or there should be a more intermediate way to extend oxygen supply. Or maybe the dispenser/oxygen cloud should be available sooner? Imho using steel to make dispensable bottles early on is not an option as player has not enough production to afford making the bottles 5 steel per item.

Also its very tedious that you start with only 1 liqufier. Before you unclock the ability to make pipe-to-ground to be able to make more liquifiers you need 2 of them at least to be comforatble (one to make mineral water, second one to make celulose I belive).

I also think that a burnable fuel is also too far away. You can easily run out of oxygenated fuel before you can research it. Imho there should be at least oxygenated pellets/bricks before the charcoal. Make charcoal be more efficient option. I really like the way is in seablock: you get progressivly more efficient fuels.

Otherwise very nice modpack idea!

5 years ago

No. I did it! You should install FNEI mod to find out recipes! I create wooden board from paper, not from wood!

5 years ago

I agree it's a bit of a rush to get to, but it is possible. I managed it a couple of times while testing. I quite like the panicked rush to not suffocate after crash landing.

5 years ago

how did you manage to actually build the assembly machine 2? FNEI doesn't show a recipe for solder plates, which is a required subitem

5 years ago

At the beginning you appear near the remnants of the aircraft. Mine it to take many items. They're enough to make assembly machine 2.
Good luck!

New response