Fluidless Mining and Ore Washing

by staviq

Ores that would normally require fluid to mine, are now mined normally, but need to be washed with corresponding fluid. Designed for use with Angel's infinite ores, RSO, Bob's and Clown's mods.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining

b Problem with SE compat.

3 years ago

Don't know if this is fixable from you side or not, but I found that iridite and naquitite from space exploration mod, the gange for them get added to the core mining recipe for normal core fragment crushing. It'd be great if this could be fixed since those resources shouldn't be so easily obtainable.

3 years ago

Hey, I'll try to look into that when I get some free time, in the meantime you could edit either mod and fiddle with adding dependencies to change mod loading order between those two and see if anything changes.

3 years ago

Sorry, fairly noob at modding. I want SE to load first so that the core mining stuff isn't effected at all, which dependency should be added to do that and how do I do that?

3 years ago

This mod modifies recipes loaded before it so you would want SE to load after which means you want to add this mod to the dependencies of SE, theoretically at least

3 years ago

That doesn't seem right. Wouldn't I want SE to load first so that the gange items aren't added to the core miner crusher recipes? I'll try it and see.

3 years ago

Fixed! Added SE as an optional dependency for this mod and it works great now. Old recipes for SE crusher are back.
Making the core miner give gange instead of the ore would be much more work though. I'd have to check for SE being added, then change the recipes for core fragment crushing (normal/uranium/iritite). Plus, I have Krastorio2 as well, so I'd have to do the same for rare metal too.
Since SE core mining recipes are determined when the mod loads, you can't really just replace the recipe whole. Otherwise an unknown mod might get excluded. The recipe would have to be modified as-is. recipe.product.remove("uranium-ore")/recipe.product.add("uranium-gange",1%). Something like that, though I don't know the exact coding for it since I'm super new to modding.

3 years ago

Created a branch with the added dependency: Link.

3 years ago

Will delete should you decide to update yours with the same dependency. Or some other fix.

3 years ago

Hey, updated, thanks for testing :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Great! I changed my branch of the mod to deprecated. Not really sure how to actually delete...

New response