Fluidless Mining and Ore Washing

by staviq

Ores that would normally require fluid to mine, are now mined normally, but need to be washed with corresponding fluid. Designed for use with Angel's infinite ores, RSO, Bob's and Clown's mods.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining

g [BUG] washing requires x10 original fluid

3 years ago

For every ore which would require an X amount of fluid per mining operation i get X*10 fluid requirement on gangue ores

active mods:
Angel's infinite ores + Bob's Ores + FNEI

3 years ago

Fixed it on my end by adding /10 on line 42

functions.build_washing_recipe( data.raw.item[ result.name ], ore.minable.required_fluid, ore.minable.fluid_amount/10 )

3 years ago

Fixed it on my end by adding /10 on line 42 in data-final-fixes

functions.build_washing_recipe( data.raw.item[ result.name ], ore.minable.required_fluid, ore.minable.fluid_amount/10 )

3 years ago

Also, the whole code (imho) should be moved to data.lua, avoiding data-updates and data-final-fixes as much as possible

3 years ago

Forget what i said about the fluid requirement i didn't notice in-game so i've checked the code and the recipe is 10 in output too which makes 10 requirement spot on.

Yet, coal gangue can be burned without washing, you should set:
data.raw.item["coal"].fuel_value = nil
inside data.lua prior to generating recipes to prevent it from being burned

3 years ago

I verified with the wiki, and required sulfuric to mine uranium is 10 per 10. Hovewer, converted recipe required a 100 per 10.

So i went through the data.raw and realised the amount in the recipe prototype is "wrong" ?

For some reason i cannot grasp, Factorio has the wrong amount of fluid in the recipe prototypes, by 10 fold. The prototype doesn't say X fluid for X resource, it just says how much fluid a resource requires, and it would seem that the value is per 10 by default but there is literally 0 info on that in the docs ?

Anyway, it appears that the correct amount of fluid should be reduced by the factor of 10 and that's what I've done.

3 years ago

Nope, as i said i didn't notice ingame that the 10x fluid requirement was because the recipe also needed 10x gangues, i first thought was 10x fluid on 1x gangue, my bad, so i started looking into the code and i realised the recipe was correct, the only "bug" is the fact that you can burn coal gangues

3 years ago

i've just checked now, the fluid value was correct in the previous version, 10 gangue - 100 fluid.
As per mining operation 1 ore would require 10 fluid which makes 10 gangues 100 fluid CORRECT, as i said i didn't realize your recipe was meant for 10 gangues, i thought it was 1 gangue 100 fluid, sorry man

3 years ago

Also i wasn't referring to uranium, infinite ores, (iron, coal etc etc) require 10 fluid per 1 ore, i didn't check uranium tbh, and now those recipes are off of a tenth

3 years ago

Hmmm.. Wiki clearly states that uranium is 10 for 10.

I think it's just gonna be just easier if i add a mod setting for the multiplier.

3 years ago

There you go.

You can screw around with the multiplier as much as you desire :)

3 years ago

So, i fired up the game, and can confirm all is right, APPARENTLY even infinite ores now require 1 fluid per 1 ore, previous to the update was 10 on 1, happy days, that multplier setting it's super sweet man, THANKS

3 years ago

(i'm still talking about angel infinite ores, can't remember about uranium)

New response