Flat Infinite Research Cost

This mod allows you to set a fix value for the costs of infinite research technologies instead of the increasing vanilla prices. Created with the help of the reddit user _Gamma_Gaming_.

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i what about the research that leads up to infinites?

5 years ago

i noticed that only the research that's actually tagged as infinite can be modified by this; the other stuff that leads to the infinite research (example: mining productivity 1-3) doesn't change at all. this potentially ends up with a drastic change from the pre-req infinites depending on what your mod settings are... could this be smoothed out a bit by having the research before the infinites be affected too?

5 years ago

I created this mod with the goal to offer a better experience in the late game because the permanent increase seemed annoying to me. I will try to add an option to also change the cost for technology that leads to infinite researches, but I'm currently busy with much work outside Factorio.
Please do not expect the update before mid-August.

5 years ago

I just updated the mod to version 1.4.0 that now includes a checkbox where you can choose if you want the levels before space science also be affected by this mod for balance reasons.

Please be aware that this behaviour is not active by default. You must activate this in your mod settings if you want to use it.

Have fun and enjoy your game. :-)

New response