Flat Solar Panels - Solar Freakin' Roadway

Adds retractable or always flat solar panels that you can walk on.

Content
6 months ago
Power

i Efficiency

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Great mod. Would love to se a mod-option to tweak the efficiency and cost of the flat panels.
So there will be a choice to be made between quality of life, or space/cost efficiency.

Arguably flat solar panels would not work as good as angled ones in real life too. I know the angled one in the game is static, but still.

So if possible add the options to change:
- Percentage efficiency form the equivalent normal solar panel -AND/OR- duration of the day they would be effective
- Cost x times the normal cost of equivalent normal solar panel
- Percentage reduced walking speed

1 year, 4 months ago

Well, this mod doesn't actually define any new solar panels, it just takes the panels from other mods, and makes flat variants. I know that Advanced Solar High Resolution gives you the option to adjust the power output of its panels. Adjusting that setting should also affect the power output of the panels in this mod.
But I'll probably include an option in a future update to make the panels less effective than their original by a percentage.
Each solar panel costs two of it's base panels, plus some extra materials. I figured this was a good balance, that would scale based on the cost of the original panel.
Walking speed is an interesting idea. If anything, I'd like to have a speed increase, akin to concrete, but it could be configurable, so it could reduce speed, too.

New response