by Klonan

Pipes and storage tanks and stuff will catch fire and explode

Content
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17
Fluids

i you evil, evil person

7 years ago

I hope this makes it into the full release eventually. Having a difficulty in freemode like the biter toggle would be great, and having an event to trigger the cascade of fire to all the oil products would be a must. What about adding a new pipe that can withstand the fire but have it crazy expensive, i think 10 pipe and 10 steel for 1 strong pipe. this is a great idea.

7 years ago

I agree, an expensive pipe that stops spreading the fire/explosion would be great. Also I think the spreading should be lowered. Now it is impossible to prevent the fire from spreading as it is too fast.

7 years ago

I haven't tried yet (since I'm still setting everything up and oil is far away), but I think you can already stop spreading explosions. You need 3 pumps, 2 storage tanks and circuitry to fill up the first tank only if the second is empty and the second one only when you're emptying the first one. Actually, make that 4 pumps and 3 storage tanks, so that explosions can't spread when you're pumping from the first to the second one.

I guess the pipe meter mod would be really helpful to maximize throughput here.

New response