Finite Water - Fresh water is rare

Fresh water is like oil. You can research an offshore pump later in the game, but you have to desalinize the water.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Environment

i 2 kW is too low

With a cost of only 2 kW I can just put 1 or 2 coal in each pump and basically never refill them. Even at 20 kW consumption I could put in a stack of coal and not come back before I replace them for electric. I agree they should be cheaper than oil pumps but 2 kW is too low.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Great info Reaver!! :) I think maybe it has to consume half the 90kw ( electric pumpjack ), kind of 40kw for keep asking more coal and urge the need for change the burner for electric... Every coal generates 60 water fluids, thats may triple the use of coal when producing with the boilers... I made the update, see if its ok or it maes too much expensive the water extraction... please!! THANKS!!!!

They're currently consuming 1600kW, it's because their efficiency is set to 2.5%. Since they are a burner entity, they don't need to use the efficiency rating and it's easier to just set their power consumption directly.

If you want them to consume coal at the same rate as the electric pumpjack consumes it (assuming power comes from boiler/steam engine), then you would want to set them to 180kW consumption. This is because the 90kW of the electric pumpjack comes in at 50% efficiency (that's the boiler's efficiency).

So you can use that as a reference point to determine how much power it should cost.
Pumpjack: 90kW

Water pump (half energy cost): 90kW
Water pump (same energy cost): 180kW
Water pump (1.5x energy cost): 270kW

5 years ago

OOOooh!!! I get it now!!! Sorry for my total noobiness!!! hehehe
I update now, and put 180kW and remove the efficiency. It gives 580 water per coal... I think is great now... what you think? Its kind of balanced?

Yes! I like it!

New response