Fantario

This mod is a challenge. Featuring scrap recycling and a pre-electric burner era You can stream it ;D No problems :D

Overhaul
1 year, 7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b incompatibilities and/or errors in prototypes

4 years ago

I want to use quite a few mods including this mod, but got some errors on starting factorio. thus i cut down on the number of mods to see which mods conflict with each other, and this is the error message when i finally had only TWO mods remaining (fantario 0.4.2, AAI industry 0.3.20, using factorio 0.17.49):

Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for recipe prototype "heavy-armor" (recipe): Duplicate item ingredients are not allowed (light-armor exists 2 or more times).
Mods to be disabled: β€’ Fantario β€’ aai-industry

4 years ago

second incompatibility:
having only the following TWO mods enabled (dectorio 0.9.14, alien_biomes 0.4.15 with or without the HR terrain 0.4.1, using factorio 0.17.49) factorio starts without problems, but when i add this mod (fantario 0.4.2), i get the following error on starting factorio:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "dect-alien-biomes-tree-wetland-a" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Key "name" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.dect-alien-biomes-tree-wetland-a.ingredients[0]
Modifications: Dectorio
Mods to be disabled: β€’ Dectorio

since those other two mods gave no conflicts in many other combinations with dozens of other mods, i first report this problem only here, although the prototype name in the error message ("dect-alien-biomes-...") hints only at those two other mods.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

and while I'm installing and configuring the mod, and posting about problems, here is some other minor(!) problem: most of the mod options are missing text and show only "unknown key: ...".

in addition, one option is a bit confusing to me: it has the label "coal to mine" and the popup says "unknown key: mod-setting-description.fantario_no-coal". do i enable mining or disable it (setting no-coal) by checking that option ? this internal name will no longer be confusing when you replace the "unknown key" by some text properly explaining what it does :-)
the same applies to "trees give wood" and "unknown key: ..._no-wood". do i enable or disable trees and/or wood with that checkmark ?

ps πŸ€” : i like a lot having to learn new mechanics ingame, and the video by SeeNo looked very promising πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ but please don't start the learning experience before the map is started (finding incompatibilities, or testing mod options, and thus having to restart the game or at least the map "a few" times) ... 😧😩

4 years ago

hey Anson_AKB,

thanks for your all comments, but I cant change my mod for AII or another mods. Fantario is a stand alone mod and I cant guarantee for another mods (compatibility) . Maybe you can use helper mods example "time tools". And with your unknown key problems,..... what your language use you? Englisch and German make no problems πŸ€”

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm german, but using english on all my games and this forum since this forum is international and it's also easier to use the "original" (english) names for everything, avoiding to learn two words when i need to learn english names of items anyway (and i hate ugly translations/names like "befeuerter ..."). of course, on german language videos (eg SeeNo) i post in german ...

about the "unknown key": all mod options have proper labels, but only 2 startup options have text when hovering the labels. i just looked at the locale.cfg files, and the english as well as the german version has 13 lines in the [mod-setting-name] section, but only 2 lines in the [mod-setting-description] section. the other 11 options show that "unknown key" message when hovering their labels.

ps: a bug in micro furnaces (crash on starting factorio) was just fixed and now it loads together with your mod, but together with that mod i also installed mini machines, and that crashes in its data-final-fixes when trying to start together with your mod. it really seems that it's difficult to get all of them to work together and I'll try restrict myself to mostly use QoL mods now (bottleneck, max rate, picker, etc) :-) but even with 3 or 4 conflicts, it isn't too bad: i tend to always use too many mods and thus it still works with 95% of my installed mods, LOL

4 years ago

Hi Anson_AKB,

I have check my mod in a game from me and I dont find your "unknown key" error. :/

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

example for an "unknown key" when i hover the label "Armor" with my mouse:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1771324964

there is a mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Noxys_Extra_Settings_Info that adds info about min/max/default values of options, but even though i deleted that mod, i still see those min/max/default values. maybe i somehow(how???) have enabled such a hidden option in vanilla and that also causes the "unknown key" to be shown for everything that has no explicit definition for it ? pretty confused now ...

4 years ago

thanks for this picture.

I mean too, this problem with come from this another mod. You can new install Factorio and then Fantario, then give nothing problems or you clean the mods folder and install new Fantario...

I hope this help you.

This thread has been locked.