Fantario

This mod is a challenge. Featuring scrap recycling and a pre-electric burner era You can stream it ;D No problems :D

Overhaul
1 year, 7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Major issue with this mod

4 years ago

So i tried this mod and found this one major issue so far. Factorio is all about automation. Now i don't know if that was an oversight or a bug but it is impossible to automate wood until the very late game of this mod. I tried to automate Softwood seeds to produce wood (i turned on the option that trees don't give wood and no coal spawning so this loop is my only source of coal). Works fine until you notice that you would have to manually feed every inserter for the output! Even if you turn on the option for seeds having a fuel value (200 J). So after that i went into sandbox mode and tested a bit. Even with a full stack of seeds (100x 200J= 2MJ, same value as wood) in an inserter it can only do one swing and stack is gone, while having only one wood in it it is able to do several swings until it runs out of fuel. Bare in mind that this was just with the option turned on that seeds have fuel value. You can't really expect people to have them running around across their factory to take out seeds by hand and fill in the wood production or manually feed the inserter with fuel until the late game when you finally get electric energy. As promising as this mod can be it is basically only a pain until this is fixed somehow.

4 years ago

hey Pepsilian,

thanks for your comment. That with the seed is intended, but give a simple trick. Inserter fueld inserter. In other words, if I automate wood and supply the "seed inserter" from the wood band with a inserter, it will never pick seeds because it always has wood in the inventory (unless wood is no longer produced).
If necessary, I make a small picture of how I mean that and would put it on the fashion side.
Greeting Faceless

4 years ago

That gave me an idea on how to solve it, thanks. I might share my idea with you after i got my calculations done.

This thread has been locked.