Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Planning on making Factory building Mk4

9 months ago

I want to add Factory Building Mk4 to the game by editing the mod.

While the Factory Building is different.

How would I be able to do that in the easiest way?

9 months ago

In layout.lua you'll find a layout definition of the three factory building types. You'll need to write another layout definition for the fourth type, define all the necessary entity prototypes for that layout definition, add a recipe crafting the factory building item and a technology unlocking the recipe, then go through the code, find hardcoded references to the existing three types of factory building and update them adding the fourth type.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Well, I'm struggling to understand what you are saying and I have very limited skills in programming.

Could you perhaps explain in more detail and specify each file and line of code but simpler if possible?

8 months ago

interesting... I took a quick stab at defining an mk4 layout:
https://gist.github.com/scriptslol/6847e638dc2d8048bc50ef48badb3ecc

I studied the differences between mk1, 2 and 3 to determine what an mk4 layout might look like. A lot of the points (such as connections) have stubbed values since I haven't really spent time to visualize things in my head ^_^

GitHub has a repo search feature. You can use it to look up things like "factory-floor-3" - this would clue you into where/what you would need to change to setup "factory-floor-4"

From what I can tell; defining a new factory can be tedious but the author did a great job with implementation so its just a matter of studying what's there and extrapolating your additions :)

Clean mod, well done.

5 months ago

I'm sorry for the late response, BUT I got this error. I think I am making progress, however, I do need help.

Failed to load mods: Path Factorissimo2__/graphics/component/pipe-connection-south.png does not match any enabled mod: Factorissimo2/graphics/component/pipe-connection-south.png

5 months ago

I assume you changed the mod name? You'll also have to change the references to that name in the prototypes

5 months ago

Wait, I gave an incomplete error message.
here is screenshot with the complete error message
https://prnt.sc/XRrXqJIVu9DC

I don't know what name to change things in prototype directory to.

New response